Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

This is probably such a repeat for all you veteran players out there that have played a Faerie Ninja....but this is my first time through with one...and I really need to rant and rave....

My faerie ninja was slow and perhaps ineffective in the beginning (I think most are) but I kept her anyway and pumped her dex, speed and senses. Last night, I found her the c of c. (quite unexpectedly, because it was in a completely different place from where my first party found it).

I was a little PO'ed because the c of c only has a short range and so I couldn't keep her in the back protected by some lizardmen.

But after I played her in the front row for about an hour, well let me tell you....she's hard to hit because of her Stealth, higher natural AC, reflexcion (sp), and I guess her speed...Also because of speed and snake speed she attacks anything in range first. C of C has a 50% chance to knock out, so half of the time she's fighting something that doesn't hit back. I saw her do well over 100points of damage in a round (at level 11 ish) because of multiple attacks (again due to her speed). And on top of that she has a critical strike that well, is a pleasant surprise whenever it happens.

She's hard to hit and she hits hard. What more can I ask for? Well, what I'd like is to get the Str of 50 up to 100 to get power strike going but thats 17 levels in the future and the game isn't going to last that long. But oh well, I guess I can't have it all...but I certainly have a lot.

Kz.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

faerie ninja is perhaps the easiest way to finish a solo game. ever try other classes for solo?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

I tried soloing a Dwarven Monk. The combination was interesting as he had Dwarven damage resistance and Natural Damage resistance. Effective when blind, critical, strike, stealth....plus some nice spells in the psionic spellbook.

He couldn't pick locks which was a bit of a hassle but what bugged me was the negative 15 starting attribute points....

Anyways, I gave up on him figuring that soloing isn't really for me...for me, part of the enjoyment is hearing what my "Loner" Mook Ranger or my "Chaotic" Lizardman fighter is going to say next.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:26 AM   #4
Deathmage
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Kzonon:
...for me, part of the enjoyment is hearing what my "Loner" Mook Ranger or my "Chaotic" Lizardman fighter is going to say next.
I couldn't agree more.