Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2000, 10:48 AM   #1
dimon

Does anybody knows complete statistics of Drizzt in BG1? Is his magic resistance 100%? What are his saving throws? How many HP does he have? Because I'm afraid I'll have to liberate him from his Scimitars. I really wish I could just steal them, but if I must fight, I guess I will. Will bolts of biting work on him or is he immune?
Old 11-15-2000, 01:02 AM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

Everything you would ever want to know about Drizzt and more. (I hope..hehe)

Drizzt basics:

Hitpoints..92
XP value...12000
Armor.....-10 (base)
Alignment..Chaotic Good
Level......16 (Ranger)

Abilities:

STR........13
DEX........20
CON........15
LORE.......16
INT........17
WIS........17
CHA........14
LUCK.......0

Resistances:

Magic......98%
Slashing...30%
Piercing...30%
Crushing...30%
Missile....30%

Saving throws:

Death.......1
Wands.......3
Poly........3
Breath......4
Spells......5

THACO.......0
Attacks.....10

Items carried:

Scimitar +5, Defender
Scimitar +3, Frostbrand
Mithril Chain Mail +4
Boots of Speed

And a extra little tidbit* for BG2. In BG2, Drizzt's HP is 101, THACO 5, and Attacks 5. So get his stuff in BG first. Interestingly his Magic resistance is only 80% in BG2 though. Weird. Maybe to account for his Drow abilities dwindling slowly over time as he lives on the surface.

*I got BG2 stuff from the Versus Books BG2:SoA Perfect Guide I picked up the other day (so drool over the items section in the back), so I won't guarantee the stats for it. But heck, you asked about BG anyways.
Old 11-18-2000, 10:45 AM   #3
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Wow, where'd you get all this info (BG1) on Drizzt??

Btw, is it possible to kill Drizzt/steal from him after patching the game up?
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2000, 05:28 PM   #4
dimon

I am pretty sure it's always possible to kill Drizzt, just hard like hell. You can not steal from him after patching the game. I am pretty sure I can get my fighter to excede Drizzt in almost every aspect except for damage. And then we'll have a little chat 6 on 1.

Level 6(or maybe 7) pure fighter with 18 dex, 19 con, 4 stars in large swords, hasted, wearing full plate, golden girdle, helm and cloak of balduran, ring of protection +2, gauntlets of weapon expertise, boots of speed, large shield+2 (I have ToTSC), blessed, chanted, swinging "Varscona", after quaffing potion of storm giant strength and heroism or maybe even potion of power. My THAC0 will be -1 or less. AC probably around -10. The rest of the party will also be hasted and will be shooting him. Plus at least 10 skeletons will lead the assault to give my fighter some free swings at the guy. The sceletons will also be hasted, blessed and chanted. I think that should be enough to win the fight. I'll post the results when I actually do fight Drizzt with this setup.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:47 AM   #5
Adhrael

You won´t kill Drizzt in a close fighter, even if your armor is -100. His swords are special, I´ve read over there that they have X4 and X2 damage. The only way to kill Drizzt is with missiles while he is occupied in other things (for example trying to hit a party member who has boots of speed and oil of speed, or trying to defeat TONS of monster that you have summoned). Using this second startegy, I killed him with a single cleric/illusionist. I used 2 wands of summoning and the hobgoblins killed him with his arrows, the cleric didn´t shoot a single bullet !!
I don´t think there is another way.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:16 PM   #6
Khanar Tor'vel

You people just can't leave Drizzt alone can you???
Old 11-25-2000, 01:08 PM   #7
Loser

easy way to get stats on anyone:
infexp.sourceforge.net

the infinity explorer....

and in bg2, drizzt's hp is still 92....
Old 11-25-2000, 04:53 PM   #8
DaPoo

Believe it or not folks there is an EASY way to kill Drizzt. You need a crossbow and the best bolts you can find, about 6 billion of them will suffice (slight exaggeration). Place 5 party members around drizzt in a way such that he cannot move from within the "circle". Drop these peons from your group (temporarily). Now Attack Drizzt with the crossbow. Magically, Drizzt cannot move, and he won't attack innocents. ooooo goodie lots of cool stuff.... hehehe...
Old 11-26-2000, 10:18 AM   #9
Adhrael

But this way, DaPoo, only one of you characters will get the xp...
Old 11-26-2000, 05:06 PM   #10
DaPoo

Yes but note the benefits:

Risk of being utterly smashed by Drizzt : 0
Difficulty : Piss Easy

Besides which, I don't remember exactly how much xp Drizzt gives you, BUT I do know that once you get to level ten pretty much every monster is trivial in terms of xp they give. So in the scheme of things, having one guy get 12000XP or whatever it is isn't a big deal, and perhaps its even a hufe advantage if you kill him when you're at level one, since you'd have a guy in the group now almost at level 3 or 4. Consequently I recommend this strategy for your leader....