Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 02:44 AM   #1
Grand Undead Hunter
Welcomed New User

Hi all, I'm new here and I have a few questions to start with, I hope you may help me.

Questions no.1: I have BG II on my computer but when I try to install Throne of Bhaal the installation program asks me insert a disk containing the file data6.cab but no disk contains that file (before that it asks for data3.cab which is in BGII's disk2, data4.cab which is in BGII's disk3 and data5.cab which is in BGII's disk4, but data6.cab doesn't exist) If any of you has that file please attach it to an e-mail send it to me.

Question no2: I am now playing an Evil party in BGII, In bridge destrict when the party found the kidnapped woman, I naturally decided not to let her go, instead I gathered the ransom for her freedom. It was a pair of silver pantaloons. Does anyone know what it's good for?

Question no.3: The party found a scroll in the garveyard for Edwin. He used it and changed to female. What is the way to change him back?

Question no.4: I went to Fallen paladins, and decided to betray the order of the most radiant hearts. But it seems that there is no way to do so. When I come back to the fallens paladins with the cup they naturally disbelieve me and start a fight. So i decided to attack the order and gain the cup by force. I killed everyone in the order but there was no cup to gather. Is there any way to help the fallens paladins and not to kill them?

In general I would like to hear any hints for playing an Evil party to make some changes in the game.

Cheers
Grand Undead Hunter
Grand Undead Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:54 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

1) If you can fit it, copy the entire contents of the TOB CD to your harddrive, and run setup from there. Worked for me when I got this problem. [img]smile.gif[/img] You can then delete the files you copied from the CD if you need to save space.

2) They're only good if you played BG1. In it you can get the Golden Pantaloons. Somewhere else in the game you can get bronze ones, and then find someone who makes them into something a bit more useful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

3) He will change back in time. For now, enjoy it.

4) Not that I know of, no.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:57 AM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

First of all, welcome to the board [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
1) Don't know, not a tech guy.
2) There is a super special guy that gives you a really unique item when you have an imported item from BG1, the silver pantaloons, and another special item from ToB. Other than that, there is no practical use except amusement.
3) Just keep going. Some timers are used so keep going, don't fuss too much. If worse comes to worse, there are ways to force the events to happen quicker.
4) No idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If you want to know how to be evil [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] , check out the SoA forum sticky "Classic Threads." There is one called "I'm Still A Naughty Boy," read it, it's great.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:14 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

hello and welcome

could you read the forum FAQ on spoiler tags please? (your comments on edwin are spoilers)

the reason i come here and not other forums (apart form the expertise and good humour) is that everyone is really good at avoiding or flagging spoilers

thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote