Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #21
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, maybe it's the Hillbilly coming out of me, but I spit. Quite a bit more than normal, recently. I would agree that it's all about clearing the gunk out of one's throat. There's also a need when I smell something bad, so that I get the taste out of my mouth.
Adding something new to the discussion, I generally spit to get rid of the excess phlegm that can accumulate. (Which makes this a "phlegmnomenon"). I spit more in the winter because the colder temperatures makes me produce a lot more phlegm than usual. I dunno if that's a satisfactory answer for you, LZ, but it's all I got.

P.S. I was also taught by my Pops, "don't swallow that junk, get rid of it!!" LOL
Still taught that it wasn't appropriate to spit inside or anywhere without grass, though.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
Thoran
Galvatron

You mean when you have a mouthfull of toothpaste you don't spit it out?

You know that's not good for you don't you? [img]smile.gif[/img]

EVERYONE spits... some are just a bit more "public" about it. Probably because they weren't told it was crass when they were a young'un.

I spit mostly when I have a cold and want to clear the nasty stuff out instead of swallowing it.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Heya LadyZ! LOL, another good topic for discussion!! And very timely...I was just asking my husband WHY he has to do that when we're out. His answer was pretty much that he had to 'get stuff out'.... sigh.. and while he does try and avoid high traffic areas like the sidewalk....let me tell you, it still grosses me out! [img]tongue.gif[/img]