Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

A friend of my dad recomended this program, downloadable off the internet, for use in routine maintainance with the computers around the house. Has anyone heard of/used this program? Is it any good?

Thanks in advance for any information!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

It is good.
Great even.
Favorite feature is doing stuff with virtual memory. A permanent end-of-disk virtual memory easily obtainable!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, I haven't used it myself, but a bit of looking around seems to find plenty of bug reports, though not all of them seem equally reliable. Looks like everything from crashes through data corruption. Data corruption does, in fact, seem to occur almost EVERY time for some people, at least when doing certain types of defrags.

Also appears that it may have some compatability issues with Windows Vista, if you're using that. There also appear to be issues with Diskeeper and tablet PC's.

It also seems like some features may work badly or not at all unless you have Internet Explorer as your standard browser. Definitely the autoupdate function will fail to work unless this is so.

As a final worry, the corporation is run by Scientologists. Quite fanatical ones, apparently, they refuse tech support to people associated with products that Scientology is opposed to. I'd stay away from the product just for that, myself.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

OK, that I did not know. Never bothered to google it up, just got the thing on a DVD. Works fine even thoug I use Firefox, but then again, I don't update it. I don't need to. All I really used it for is the virtual memory part on my last format.
Creepy stuff, about scientology.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the responses!

I figure I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I'll post back here if something goes bonkers [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote