Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 04:57 PM   #11
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterPooBaa:
if any of your girls are magic users they could practice a few useful summoning spells... surely they could do that?
I think they should be able to since they are not directly hitting the enemy, they are telling something else to attack the enemy.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #12
Midget Gems

Thanks for taking an interest in my roleplaying. As you suggested Summoning is a perfectly acceptable tactic for my girls and I am reaching a level where it is now worthwhile. I play a lot of BG1 where Summoning can become unrealistic, IWD has a much more balanced approach and (I think) a sensible summoning limit.

One small problem is the lack of magic scrolls. With 2 Mages and a Bard in the party there are not enough scrolls to go around. If I have spare scrolls I like to fire them off from the quick-slot of my Fighter/Mage (Burning Hands is a favourite) but alas there are very few to be found.

The girls are also complaining about the lack of good loot for them to collect. They have some jewelry, a few gems, but no nice cloaks, shoes or hats. That 'Mantle of Coming Storm' does nothing for a fashionable gal and thase 'Boots of the Fox' are just too shabby for words. Still I saw a twinkle in their eyes at the mention of the Heartstone Gem - that ought to be worth a pretty penny.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:05 PM   #13
Midget Gems

My girls had a couple of interesting things happen to them as a result of using the spell Silence. On the first occation one of the girls got too excited and cast the spell on a High Priest (or something) before he could give his dialog and trigger the fight. When we approached the program went to give his threats only to find he was silenced so nothing happened - stalemate - no dialog, no control of the party, nothing. I guess if I'd waited long enough the spell would have worn off but I gave up and re-loaded. Not seen anything like it before though.

Then in another fight the bad guys cast Silence on my Bard and to my suprise the Battle Song was silenced. I thought the music would carry on but apparently not, I can't remember having that happen before but I guess that's what is suppose to happen. You live and you learn.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:54 PM   #14
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
My girls had a couple of interesting things happen to them as a result of using the spell Silence. On the first occation one of the girls got too excited and cast the spell on a High Priest (or something) before he could give his dialog and trigger the fight. When we approached the program went to give his threats only to find he was silenced so nothing happened - stalemate - no dialog, no control of the party, nothing. I guess if I'd waited long enough the spell would have worn off but I gave up and re-loaded. Not seen anything like it before though.

Then in another fight the bad guys cast Silence on my Bard and to my suprise the Battle Song was silenced. I thought the music would carry on but apparently not, I can't remember having that happen before but I guess that's what is suppose to happen. You live and you learn.
Ya, the music from the insrument still plays but the bard can no longer can sing the words to the song. [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] I wish I had a silence spell for every poor bard I met that can't carry a tune. I would make a fortune in the scroll business.

[ 03-24-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:13 AM   #15
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

I'd have my females run around without clothes on and have my males pick off the attackers who are chasing my girls around with ranged weapons!

(I'm sure they'd get a bonus to their to hit and damage on the basis that if the miss theyre girlfriends are in trouble!)
Old 04-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #16
Midget Gems

Nice one Sparhawk, though I'm not sure the monsters are as keen on the sight of naked Dwarfs and Gnomes as you are.

During the course of the adventure I have used the girls as decoys on a few occations. The Bard can stand out in front protected by Mirror Image and the Clerics have blocked up doorways while in Sanctuary. But when all is said and done the three Male fighters are so powerful that I am not having any difficulty with the fights, I had hoped it would be more difficult than it is. I collected the Badges in Lower Dorns Deep while taking hardly any damage at all, though my tactics weren't so good against the Tarnished Senries and the Watchtower is always a problem. Maybe I'll reload from an old save and try to make it more difficult.

Best wishes, from team Mr & Mrs Midget Gems.