Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Teoz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,

Well, this was first for me. As the conversation with Bandoth sours, you can attack and kill him. If you are going to do that, then be sure you buy all of his nifty scrolls first.

Now, I did do that by accident with my paladin...oops . I thought he was gonna give Bandoth a scare or a short thumpin' for being a rude pixel.

Killing or dealing with Therakin is easier than I thought. If you engage him at one end of the long hall, then leave him there and fester with the undead he sends your way as he does not follow after cocooning himself in the globe. While you are at it, then use your stealther to nab what you need rather quickly. When you have it all, then make a run for it, or take his phylactery to room 3 on the right, I recall, and poof he suppose to be dead then.

It's almost pointless to kill the undead he sends for xp. You're better off maxing out on the ettins up top.

Teo
Teoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Teoz,

Welcome to the IWD forum!

You have what some would consider spoilers in your post. It would be best if you protected folks from seeing them accidently, as I am about to do for the spoiler I am about to share:

~

~ Spoiler below

~

~

Don't kill Bandoth until you have bought several items from him that are crucial to completing high-XP side quests. EDIT: I fingered the wrong guy. See messages below.

~

~

End spoiler

~

Hope this helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:

~ Spoiler below

~

~

Don't kill Bandoth until you have bought several items from him that are crucial to completing high-XP side quests.

~

~

End spoiler

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Really!!! I think your fooling with me NobleNick . I have only ever purchased scrolls from Bandoth. You aren't thinking of a darker character at a later point are you?

[ 01-07-2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 AM   #4
Teoz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

ooops, I didn't know what I was to censor,if at all. I assumed a forum was just open.

Hey, if I found some errors with the walk through posted on the tge website, where do I direct that?

Teo
Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Really!!! I think your fooling with me NobleNick . I have only ever purchased scrolls from Bandoth. You aren't thinking of a darker character at a later point are you?
Oops! Yes, pritchke, you are right. Thanks for the correction.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Teoz:
Hi,

ooops, I didn't know what I was to censor,if at all. I assumed a forum was just open.

Hey, if I found some errors with the walk through posted on the tge website, where do I direct that?

Teo
Teo,

You didn't make a mistake (well maybe a small one: your title and first few lines could be considered a minor spoiler by those not yet to that point in the game). What prompted my previous message was that I mistook Bandoth for another character, and thought you were spilling some major spoilers without giving people warning. My error: please accept my apology.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 01-11-2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 01-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Don't listen to him, Teoz! NobleNick is a vicious ogre who gleefully pounces on Ironworks newbies to intimidate them. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, NobleNick is a very knowledgeable Icewind Dale person...who can't stand bards. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #8
Teoz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Hi all,

No worries. I just finished the game now. I wonder who I can direct to some errors I found with the walkthrough? I sent an email to the web guy, but no response. IWD was a good game. Enjoyed it. The only clunker for me was being frozen while the evil militant pixels in the game have to boast till finish, then you can act. So many things to do while they are on the soap box.

Hey, has anyone ever disabled the 6 traps in the final room while in combat? I never could, so I stayed center mostly. Not enough time to cast spells for protection if you have only 1 cleric. I think A couple dual classes might due. Well, off to my next game, ToEE .

Teo
Old 01-20-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Unfortunately, those final traps cannot be removed. Your only hope is to spot them and avoid them along with the other nuisances in that room.

Nope. You may not play any other game until you solo IWD/HoW/TotLM in HoF mode with a solo bard. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:19 AM   #10
Teoz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Really? Okay. I do that. What's HoF mode mean? Have you actually played the whole game with a bard party? Man, that would be slow...

Is ToEE a thread for discussion at Ironworks? I can't find it.

Teoz