Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 05:44 AM   #11
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I would take Minsc, he is way more fun then Keldorn, he can wield maces (dual) and even a two handed sword.
I'm also inquisitive about what will happen when Irenicus shows up and what Minsc's reaction will be.
I myself are a paladin (cavalier) so I don't need another paladin.
Old 11-28-2000, 09:04 AM   #12
ironfist

Minsc is 10x better than Keldorn when I gave him Crom Fayer dualwielding daystar, and with a boot of speed
he simply became a killer machine rather than a ranger, hehe
Besides Minsc is much funnier and is more involved with other npc's than Keldorn.

Old 11-28-2000, 09:12 AM   #13
spludge

Where can u find keldorn?
He isn't the dwarf in the copper pub is he ?

Old 11-28-2000, 01:03 PM   #14
Axis

Minsc is great with the 2handers, also he can switch and use the bow better than just about anyone in the game. I would stick with Minsc.

Old 11-28-2000, 01:35 PM   #15
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi spludge, when you are in the temple district you should see a brief cut scene about the unseeing Eye cult, afterwards a random priest from one of the temples will ask you to follow him to his temple and discuss the problem. That opens up a corridor down in the sewers that was previously unpassable and Keldorn will be waiting near the opening of it.
Old 11-28-2000, 02:10 PM   #16
Zot the mage

Minsc! I have dual maces, Drow equipment (in the light with the sneak passage of sending Jahiera packing). He has -12 AC, Boots of speed, Girdle of power, dexterity hand thingies, two +3 maces, 103 hit points. He is such a killing machine, I do not bother to put him in a rage...
I have Keldorn, and that other aspiring young buck too, as well as Jaheira for sentimental purposes. Behind this human sheild I make life very hellish with my mage. I do not even need them any more though with that cape of spell reflection, protection from weapons, globe of involnurability, improved invisability etc. that I unleash before a hard battle. Then I just walk in there single handed and throw a maze, or finger of death, or just taunt them with some magic missels bundled up with that group spell.

Old 11-28-2000, 07:00 PM   #17
Sardonix

Perhaps you should hire Keldorns services for defeating Kangaxx before you go off to Spellhold; then send the poor misguided fool back to his family. Carmosyr will be far and away the best weapon you have at that stage, and will actually be able to deal damage to the Demi-Lich. The Ring of Gaxx would be most helpful in the Underdark. Otherwise, Minsc can take the flak for you, and with a bit of tactics, you won't miss the Holy Avenger +5.

Old 11-28-2000, 10:54 PM   #18
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I agree with Sardonix on that, I let Keldorn go home to his family thinking I would truly miss Carsomyr, but heck, my naked Kensai kills dreaded Adamantine Golems by himself with the Vorpal Sword. God I love that 15% chance per hit -4 penalty to save vs. death.
Old 12-02-2000, 04:27 PM   #19
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think that I would also keep Minsc, as he is the only NPC that doesn't get me sidetracked on petty little sub-quests at the most inconvenient times.!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2000, 05:22 PM   #20
Glorick the Half-Orc

Minsc is the most fun of all the NPCs. If you don't find the hamster banter amusing, then ditch him. Keldorn is the only person who can use the most powerful weapon in the game. It will annoy you to find it and have to go get a lvl 11 Keldorn when the rest of your party is lvl 16...

I got rid or Jehiera, she annoyed me. Keep her until u get the ring of wizardry though.