Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 02:05 PM   #1
joetbd
Manshoon

I did a search on suneer, and no one posted on him.

He is the wizard in the Temple of Rillifane, in chapter seven. He is in there with Glabrezu, an Iron Golem, and a Rakshasa. I found this a real tuff battle, that I still cant win. And I found it odd that no one has posted on it.
Old 07-04-2001, 04:14 PM   #2
joetbd
Manshoon

He is:

SUSUNEER.cre

He is Suneer, an Evil level 20 mage.

his spells include:
Wail of Banshee
Time stop
meteor storm
Gate
summon fiend
maze
horrid withiring
summon efreeti
spell turning
flesh to stone
disintegrate
fireball
FireShield
more..

his worst saving throw is 8, for poison

What seems to make this building really tough is that he is crammed in there with all his monster buddies, and then he starts summoning more demons. This problem of the small space, with lots of monsters is compounded by the fact that you can only enter the building if all of your party members go in. So I have whimpy Imoen dying instantly, and the other none fighters falling quickly there after. Then he hits me (the one true fighter) with a maze spell, and thats all she wrote.
Old 07-04-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
trueheart78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had to reload a couple times to take out Suneer and his group, but using Prot from evil 10', a decked out paladin with the Holy Avenger, and Minsc with the Vorpal Sword, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Nice items like the Daystar sunray ability, and various other of those spells helped alot also. In the end I think myself, viconia and aerie are all that lived. Was one fun fight though
Old 07-04-2001, 04:40 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Spoiler
Wen i was losing the battle i simply made a run for the altar and summoned that Avatar.
Bye, bye suneer.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 07-04-2001, 04:52 PM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

EarthQuake & firestorm And down he goes.

------------------
When the king returns from the crusades
there is no big welcome on the shore.
As he hear the news of the missing crown
he shouts at the sky:
"HAVE I EVER LET YOU DOWN?"
The elderly call it a sign as famine
strikes the land
caught in the grip
of the reapers cold hand

Old 07-05-2001, 01:05 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Suneer is a moron; totally unworthy of being a mage. Upon entering the temple, he launches into his monologue, fires a spell trigger (of course) and then casts Time Stop. He takes advantage of everyone's little break to Gate a pit fiend in but then he makes his fatal error--he casts Meteor Swarm on Anomen, who is the nearest party member. In fact, he's so close that Suneer catches himeslf in his own Meteor Swarm; being an area effect spell he has no protection. Once the temporal flow is restored, I cast Ruby Ray, Nalia casts Breach, and Keldorn dispels magic. My party heads over to the side, out of the Meteor Swarm and two rounds later Suneer is dead by his own spell. What a dolt.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-05-2001, 04:33 AM   #7
joetbd
Manshoon

I was looking to avoid using my best spells on him, because I have the big fight coming up, but I went ahead and cut loose and whooped his but.

But the key was to use Protection from evil to to lessen the number of oppenents that would swarm on me.

The thing is, this is the first building I went into. If I had gone into the other buildings first, the elves would have explained that this is the key building to the whole set up, and I would not have been suprised to see a high level mage (and friends) waiting inside.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:33 AM   #8
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

First time I went in I got such a surprise I turned round to run out, at which point I got hit by the full force of the meteor shower... not funny at all...
Old 07-05-2001, 08:38 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Eh? o_O?

Why even bother to fight with him?

I used a spare scroll of Time-Stop so that the mage who cast it could waddle over to the altar, place the three items and hola!

Suneer, Golem, Demon, meet Avatar. Avatar, please kill them.

Here's a recent example I happened to screenshot

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 07-05-2001, 09:52 AM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Suneer is a moron.
-------------------------------------
Basicly, what your saying is that the programmers are morrons since they created his script.