Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 06:03 AM   #1
norompanlasolas

he got what he deserved imo. but considering the usa's famous record on lawsuits, chances are aldrin is going to get sued for millions of dollars in damages for agression and "emotional distress".

the funniest line was when they said that this is "a conspiracy theory that gives conspiracy theory a bad name"... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

edit: oops, forgot to put the link.

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/TECH/spa...eut/index.html

[ 09-12-2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]
Old 09-12-2002, 08:54 AM   #2
MagiK

Two thumbs up for Buzz Aldrin, even though he did defect to the Left when he entered politics (or was that Neil Armstrong?). The law suit will get tossed since the guy was obviously harassing him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-12-2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 09-12-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I really don't know anything about Aldrin's politics, but to me, he is a real American hero. I just don't get the moon conspiracy theorists. Agreed, it would be easy to fake, but why spend all that money for those great big rockets? Where did they go after they blasted off? And, does anyone really believe that a bunch of fighter jocks would have agreed to such a hoax, and then none of them blab, later? And, what would be the point?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:24 AM   #4
MagiK

Attalus, the moonies are the same types and groups of people who worry about "The Grassy Knoll", "The Men in Black", "Black Helicopters" and "The New World Order" and for some reason they all seem to believe that colloidal silver (sp?) is the cure for nearly every thing [img]smile.gif[/img] My uncle is one of "them" and for the life of me I can't figure him out

[ 09-12-2002, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 09-12-2002, 10:35 AM   #5
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Yep, theyre all wacked, and the guy who got hit by Buzz....
There are eyewitnesses that saw him "aggressively poking Buzz in the chest with a bible and blocking Buzz's exit." so good old Aldrin decked his candy....
So the lawsuit against Aldrin will get dropped, and Buzz will counter sue and get some bucks. (just a prediction on my part.)
Old 09-12-2002, 11:00 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Well my theory is that Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin somehow turns himself into a woman.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-12-2002, 11:11 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Buzz didn't even punch the guy. Aliens edited the film [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 11:32 AM   #8
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Buzz didn't even punch the guy. Aliens edited the film [img]smile.gif[/img]
ROTFL...ohh thank you B-man, I needed that laugh today [img]smile.gif[/img] It caught me at just the right moment and had me busting a gut!

Old 09-12-2002, 04:58 PM   #9
norompanlasolas

well, i hope there isnt a lawsuit in the first place. its kind of disgusting seeing grown men going into fights and then sueing each other for damages. makes them look like pansies. itd be funny if someone tried the same thing after a fight in argentina, hed probably get beaten up even more!!!

oh, and the moon conspiracy theory is obviously crap. its kind of hard understanding people who believe this kind of things, but, to each his own. for example i am totally convinced that when you dream you are feeding an alien organism that is the one that makes you older... (anyone who has read asimov will understand).
Old 09-12-2002, 05:42 PM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

Good on the man. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a great achievement in your life - a great act of heroism and pioneering spirit that placed you in great danger, with little reward other to say that you had done it - to be picked over and denied by men and women years later... but it can't be nice. It's like someone walking up to Robin Hood and saying "Come on, admit it; you bribed the Sherriff to let all those folks go!", or approaching Wyatt Earp and telling him straight that "You had a cavalry regiment as backup at the OK Corral, I have proof!". Anyone trying that is REALLY asking for a smack in the face.

Damn it, these days the world has way too few heroes as it is.