Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2001, 03:43 PM   #1
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Due to an interesting conversation on MSN, I've decided to open up a serious discussion on conspiracies. Please - no flaming if you disagree with one or feel they don't exist. Just an interesting discussion on what conspiracies may or may not be 'out there'....
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:46 PM   #2
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Adolf Hitler was gay. No one will beleive it.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:49 PM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

any one hear of the NEW WORLD ORDER and not the wrastling one.
or how bout spanking a child at birth causes sudden infant death sindrome ?
Old 11-21-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

99% of all conspiracie theories are a load of rubbish. Made up by people looking for some excitement in their lives, and belivied beacuse of wishful thinking. Most conspiracie theorys come from watching too much X-files.

Old 11-21-2001, 03:51 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yes, i have a rather interesting one about ex-General Douglass MacArthur, seeing as how he left my grandfather for dead in the Phillipinnes in the forties... anyways...

i think that MacArthur was actually a Japanese agent placed in the U.S. military in anticipation for the war. and when the going got tough, he ran away and waited for the conquest to finish. but when the Japanese stopped paying (he was paid off, since he was born in the States) he turned back to the U.S. and fought against Japan again.
Old 11-21-2001, 04:06 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Adolf Hitler was gay. No one will beleive it.

We actually had that at school today. He WAS gay. I had an interesting theory about J.F.K though, wich Dragonmage has already heard and i thus will not post.
Old 11-21-2001, 04:12 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Who came up with the idea there were conspiracies anyway? It was just a scheme to make everyone paranoid so they would overlook the bad things that were hidden in plain sight, searching for cover-ups instead. Then the nice government people provided us with one or two, pointing out bringing men to the moon was possibly fake, as only a few people would have been there to confirm it anyway, and maybe they were in the scheme too.

There's also some guy adding to Nostradamus' prophecies all the time as soon as something big happens, if you ask me. There's a familiy of keeper/adders who make sure we think their great-great-great-...-great-grandfather was a visionary..

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-21-2001, 04:14 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
99% of all conspiracie theories are a load of rubbish. Made up by people looking for some excitement in their lives, and belivied beacuse of wishful thinking. Most conspiracie theorys come from watching too much X-files.

Testify [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-21-2001, 04:20 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Who came up with the idea there were conspiracies anyway? It was just a scheme to make everyone paranoid so they would overlook the bad things that were hidden in plain sight, searching for cover-ups instead. Then the nice government people provided us with one or two, pointing out bringing men to the moon was possibly fake, as only a few people would have been there to confirm it anyway, and maybe they were in the scheme too.

There's also some guy adding to Nostradamus' prophecies all the time as soon as something big happens, if you ask me. There's a familiy of keeper/adders who make sure we think their great-great-great-...-great-grandfather was a visionary..

Ah yes A conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories. How fiendish
Old 11-21-2001, 04:41 PM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Ah yes A conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories. How fiendish

I thought it was [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then again, who knows we are not being tricked into thinking this is true