Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 11:25 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

I'd like to congratulate Memnoch on four thousand posts of wisdom, helpfulness and friendliness. The job he has here isn't an easy one and I greatly appreciate all he has done for the forum and its members. His decision to fight to make the board into the place it once was is an admirable one. With everyone becoming irritable and frustrated with recent issues he has devoted himself to the curbing of tempers and extinguishing of flames here on this forum. I'd also like to thank the other moderators too - Ziroc, Sazerac and Ertai. Without these people the board would not be the wonderful place it is

Old 09-19-2001, 11:30 AM   #2
Absynthe

I'll second that! Three cheers for Memnoch!

Old 09-19-2001, 11:32 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

*hugs the Genie*
Alex is right, we all appreciate you tremendously, both as a member, a moderator and a friend. Your ceaseless tact and diplomacy never fails to surprise and inspire me!!
Three cheers for Memsypie!!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-19-2001, 11:34 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Hip Hip Hoorah!! Link is celebrating, and he pulls in Rikard.
"Come on, isn't this a reason to party?"

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-19-2001, 11:40 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memsykins couldn't be more appreciated here if he tried! Er.. PLEASE don't tell him the Storm Queen said that!

Seriously, I'm a mod on another board and know that the job of moderating is a tough one and doing it fairly is always the goal. He does an excellent job of it and keeps coming back! Guess our 'charm genie' spells are working!

All the mods here are hard workers and do a splendid job of helping us keep our forum going smoothly. I commend them all and especially Z for his wisdom in choosing good ones!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-19-2001, 11:46 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gee, thanks! I can't take all the credit, most of it has to go to Saz, who has had to make a number of *tough* decisions over the past week and conducted himself admirably - all the while under the influence of the flu. Also Ertai, who's had his exams over the past week and has still found time to be here! And of course Ziroc for making it all happen - so many things happen behind the scenes to keep our little world running - a lot of times we take it for granted, but this is a shoutout to Z to say thanks, dude, for making this all possible.

Finally, as you guys all know, none of us gets paid to do this, but we do it - with pleasure and smiles! - and you want to know the reason why? Look in the mirror and the answer will be staring back at you. And I mean all of you. We love you guys! This is US. We're all family here. This is OUR IRONWORKS!!

Now let's all make each other proud.

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 11:46 AM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Without a doubt all the moderators deserve our thanks, Memnoch does
a fantastic job, usually single handedly fixes all the problems in the BG2 forum which up to last week was the biggest forum on Ironworks. I am sure he has helpt us ALL on more than one occasion (he is the only moderator I know who says a little is good for the soul ). Sazerac, Ertai, Wyvern, Memnoch and the great master of Ironworks, Choc..I mean Ziroc, I thank you for the work you do.

------------------
"If complete and utter chaos was lightning,then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards"."-Rincewind
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB.
Old 09-19-2001, 11:48 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a note to make sure you don't forget the guys and girls staring back at yourselves in the mirror - without you guys we'd be moderating a pretty empty forum!

Now where's Saz and his fireworks?

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 11:52 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Gee, thanks! I can't take all the credit, most of it has to go to Saz, who has had to make a number of *tough* decisions over the past week and conducted himself admirably - all the while under the influence of the flu. Also Ertai, who's had his exams over the past week and has still found time to be here! And of course Ziroc for making it all happen - so many things happen behind the scenes to keep our little world running - a lot of times we take it for granted, but this is a shoutout to Z to say thanks, dude, for making this all possible.

Oh yes, this topic isn't in any way suggesting the others aren't doing an equally great job!
I've come to greatly admire Saz's way of dealing with all the problems we've had lately. Ertai is one of the sweetest people I know and goes out of his way to be polite to people...the BG1 board is immaculately moderated. Personally I can think of no other team of people that could moderate this place better than you four have done!!
Ziroc, well I would really like to say you have more than my utmost respect and gratitude for the way you run this forum, but Choc tells me he'll rip out my intestines with his claws and take little bites out of them if I do , so all I can say is: Submit to the Choc-Head!!!! (j/k Dan, I did mean what I said! *hug*)

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 09-19-2001).]
Old 09-19-2001, 12:22 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sometimes I wish I could find a brown-nose smiley!

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.