Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 09:00 PM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

PLEASE~ YOU GUYS GOTTA HELP ME HERE~

I have been playing various games lately, but my sound/music keeps stuffing up for some of them. It came out fine with Baldur's Gate 2 and Dungeon Siege, but it came out different with Baldur's Gate 1, Max Payne, and Diablo 2....

What do I mean by came out differently??
Well, first, the sound is a fuzz. Music will flow with fuzzes like those radios with bad receptions. And also, it runs slow. For example, if a part of a sound ran for 10 seconds in normal state, the falsely-made-sounds will take 20~25 seconds to run them.

A quick demonstration:
Normal = Hello my name is Dumbo the Idiot.
Strange sound = H(a..u..)ell(sss)o my na(ss..za..z)me i(sss)s.....

These troubles will go away in the game when it came to loading screans, for example, my music ran fine in D2 is loading between areas (the light from a door - pic)

SO HOW DO I SOLVE THIS WACKY PROBLEM?????
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 07-05-2002, 09:10 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
When was the last time you did a driver update for your soundcard ?
Old 07-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
peipei_lin
The Magister

Um...sadly, although I put together my computer myself, I still don't know what kind of sound card I am using, because somebody gave it to me and just said "put if on"...rofl...

You think it is the driver problem?

Just another note: With this computer I did play D2 before and it is fine, but this time, it cracks up. Is it because now I got LOD installed?

thnx
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 07-05-2002, 09:24 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It could be a driver problem, it happens a lot. Can't you check in your bios what kinda soundcard you have or in your config stuff, everyone has that ! Find out what kind of card you got and then try a driverupdate. Let me know what's up, okay ?
Old 07-05-2002, 09:52 PM   #5
peipei_lin
The Magister

Thnx man, for your tips. I will to do it now, just hope you are correct.

hm...now I have to restart, clicking MY COMPUTER maybe, and, um...
Old 07-05-2002, 09:54 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
PL, i clicked on your topic, but it says i clicked on a topic that doesn't exist. What are you doing outthere ?
Old 07-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My freind's TV does the same thing... I dont know why but i think that low-base ambeince might be the problem or maybe the speaker can't handel sterio and simply figures that the non-mono sound must be sent out as white noise. I recomend you see if you cant get a new sound card. any make or model, and if the new card doesnt work, then maybe it's a software glitch caused by the preference editings done by all of those games you've got installed on there... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I hope this helps. Go to www.tucows.com and download a program called SiSoft Sandra. There may be several versions of it for a demo. 2002 is the newest.

This program will tell you more about your computer than any program Ive ever seen. I would guess that your BIOS wont show what brand and model of sound card you have. It will only show what IRQ its on, if that. SiSoft Sandra 2002 more than likely will. I cant say Ive ever had to use it on a PC that I didnt know what kind of sound card was installed. I do know that it will tell you almost shocking levels of information. Youll be suprised at what youll learn about your PC.

Im saying all this about SiSoft Sandra because I think it will identify your soundcard and therefore enable you to find the proper driver for the card. www.driverguide.com will proably have it. User name:drivers. password:all

Also physicly remove the card and ensure thats its clean and dust free. Reinstall it ao that its firmly fitted. It might not make any difference but it never hurts to reinstall it. while you have it out look at it to see if you can see the names or numbers of chips on the card. You might need to look and see the model number is so that you can do a search by the numbers.