Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 12:43 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Yeah just thought I'd announce this to the whole world!
I completed SoA in 120 days gaming time and expected the final battle to b
slightly more challenging?!
ok to the final chapter ToB...I've started and just wondering if there r anymore official and unofficial patches that I probably have not installed...
Can't remember.

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:50 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Nice usage of subtleness there. For a much bigger challenge, install the Improved Jon Irenicus Fight from the Tactics Mod.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 02:02 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Be sure to pick up the ToB patch from Interplay, the ToB Baldurdash from baldurdash.org, and a nifty little mod called Ascension from forgottenwars.net. If you thought he of the sadist leathers collection was a cream puff...
Old 09-03-2003, 04:57 AM   #4
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

I can't find that little mod called ascension from that site?
what is the exact location? or links to click?
what does the mod do exactly? what r the new additions to it? is it like bonus merchants and stuff like that?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:06 AM   #5
Broadside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, its stuff like "walk near a single monster then run like the wind to make him follow you because groups bigger then 1 will instantly kill your party". Good eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Broadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:18 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Go to www.weidu.org and find all the Mods. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-03-2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:28 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Ascension is a semi-official add-on.

It was made by one of the dev, to make things like they first wanted to make them, but ran out of time. It's a lot better than rushed TOB.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:55 AM   #8
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

originally posted by Broadside:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, its stuff like "walk near a single monster then run like the wind to make him follow you because groups bigger then 1 will instantly kill your party". Good eh?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it is not ridiculously hard? or is it similar to 'THE DARKEST DAY' where u literally get ur ass wiped by BUGBEARS at the start??

If u take into consideration that I am LVL 19 - 24's can it still b called relatively hard?
and also the important thing is Can it b REMOVED after? if I do change my mind that it will not effect the original game in any way, shape or form?

I have read some of the ReadMe file it doesn't sound all that promising...?
but bugfixes? aren't the official bug fixes already fixed them?
y is the final battle very easy peasy or something?

Please some advice so I could make a wise decision.
Thanks.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:14 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWiSeFooL:
I hope it is not ridiculously hard? or is it similar to 'THE DARKEST DAY' where u literally get ur ass wiped by BUGBEARS at the start??
Nope, it's where you wish your arse was being wiped by Bugbears at the start. Fun, fun, fun. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
If u take into consideration that I am LVL 19 - 24's can it still b called relatively hard?
At Core Difficulty? 19-24 is considered high-level. Only some of the Tactics components will still prove a challenge at that kind of party level. This is assuming of course... you are well-versed in the game. Tactics is strictly for veterans who know the game in and out.

Random Veteran: "I can solo the Twisted Rune with a Kensai at level 8!"
Quote:
and also the important thing is Can it b REMOVED after? if I do change my mind that it will not effect the original game in any way, shape or form?
Yes, all WeiDU Mods share this wonderful property.
Quote:
I have read some of the ReadMe file it doesn't sound all that promising...?
Specifically? You are being too vague here.
Quote:
but bugfixes? aren't the official bug fixes already fixed them?
y is the final battle very easy peasy or something?
The Official Patch does not fix everything. Get the Balderdash Fixpack for a more bugfree( and logical) game.

As for the Final Battle... veterans can just verbally instruct complete newbies to win it most of the time... it is simply too... simplistic. Short of soloing, you usually have numerical superority, have access to equipments and spells that can literally one-hit kill creatures, etc... ...

Compound the fact that with ToB installed, you can have HLAs for the Final Battle for SoA... and poor default Jonny is simply outmatched. The Improved Jon Irenicus is a vast improvement over the original, and while some parts may seem dubious, I generally find it quite well-balanced. Oh, and the best part is... most of the Tactics components scale their difficulty according to the difficulty level that you set. Fighting on Core will generate different outcomes from fighting on Insane.

[ 09-03-2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #10
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

TheWiSeFooL, you can also start a new game with tactics mod.

some mild tactics spoilers,
You can pick the components you want to install (of course you can install them all)...except for the improved final battle, improved Bodhi finale makes her really like a 91000 XP being; feel kinda guilty getting some powerful weapons (FoA, CFury, SotM) or certain cloak of cheese too easy? there are particular components demanding much more effort to get them. And if you find some already scary and fearsome creatures in the game not so tough, you can install the smarter versions of them~~