Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #11
realbinky
Elminster

Letter

This makes it so THE "The One" is more appreciated. I'm sure we all felt as you do at least once. Hell, if there is One for me (my wife) there is one for each of us. Even you.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:51 PM   #12
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Yeah, my first one got away too. Funny though, I never think much of her until now. Once in a while, I wonder what would happen if I chose her instead of my wife. Maybe we shall meet again in my next reincarnation.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:09 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Final note: If you are under 30, the best in love and life is yet to come.
Oh well that's me stuffed then [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 03:11 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey DameonRules, it happens and you will feel sad and miserable, but in the end, how could she be "the one" if you don't end up together? [img]smile.gif[/img] I think that one of these days you'll find a girl you just click with and you'll know without a doubt that SHE is the ONE for you.

Epona made a very good point! If you felt you had to change all that is individual and special about yourself to please a woman, then it can't be a good thing! A solid relationship is based on sharing and caring about the other person, but not changing who you are at the basic level. If that's needed to make it go- it's not a very stable relationship to start with!

Best wishes in the future. Don't dwell on the 'what if's' too long, but start looking at the 'what will be's', you'll find it's easier to deal with the loss and look forward to the future! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 04:16 PM   #15
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I agree about that if it's meant to be it'll work out one way or another. My parents broke up constantly when they were dating. For part of the time, my mom was living in NY going to college and my dad was in California. He wrote her a letter one of the times they were broken up saying how much he missed her and wanted her to come out there to see her. Imagine how pissed she was when she found out he had written the same letter to 2 other ex girlfriends.
Obviously, Dad changed his ways and Mom forgave him, and they eventually got married. They'll be celebrating 29 years of marriage in about a week, and they are still sickingly lovey dovey. If things are meant to be, if she's truely the one, then it will happen.

But, if you need to change your goals and your dreams to be with her, then she's not the one and you will only wind up resenting her in the end because of all you gave up, so maybe you can use now as a time for some self reflection to figure out what it is that you want from life.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Final note: If you are under 30, the best in love and life is yet to come.
Oh well that's me stuffed then [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Riiiight. I did NOT say the converse, that if you are over 30 it's all behind you, is true. So, bleh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Besides, Ms. Girl Who Cried Wolf, shall we drag out conversations about your recent romantic *cough* adventures. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] 3-day dates and all that?

[ 06-11-2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 06-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Timber, 3 day long dates, moi? [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img] *cough*

I think sir, that you must be mistaken. *cough*

Oh alright, I'm not fooling anyone, am I? I haven't told you about what I've been up to this week yet
Old 06-12-2003, 02:24 AM   #18
DameonRules
Manshoon

FYI i wasn't talking about Lady blue. but thanks anyways.