Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
try that timber, but he is a disabled child, and nothing seems to work with him, he has Cerabal palsy
You could always try professional help. There is probably a lot of helpful books out there as well, as I am sure you are aware off. [img]smile.gif[/img] But professional help is definitely an option although it may feel awkward for you and your husband. But they do have tons of experience and can give you loads of advice. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you are not offended by this suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
try that timber, but he is a disabled child, and nothing seems to work with him, he has Cerabal palsy
You could always try professional help. There is probably a lot of helpful books out there as well, as I am sure you are aware off. [img]smile.gif[/img] But professional help is definitely an option although it may feel awkward for you and your husband. But they do have tons of experience and can give you loads of advice. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you are not offended by this suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]i am not offended, but i feel it is supposedto be my place to raise him, when he finaly came home from hospital, they made us have nurses, and now it is y responsibility to make sure he is raised right, even though it is hard.
i do not want everyone saying i told you you should not have had anymore kids until he was at least 5.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:09 PM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
i am not offended, but i feel it is supposedto be my place to raise him, when he finaly came home from hospital, they made us have nurses, and now it is y responsibility to make sure he is raised right, even though it is hard.
i do not want everyone saying i told you you should not have had anymore kids until he was at least 5.
And thatīs what I meant by getting offended. This is a sensitive subject. But seeking help is just that, help. It will not belittle your efforts in any way. It is your, and your husbands, job to raise your children. But help is never to be spurned IMHO. You could always try it once. If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you stop. [img]smile.gif[/img] I assure you that a professional will never make you ffel like a bad mother, and indeed you are not a bad mother for acquiring help.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:14 PM   #14
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
i am not offended, but i feel it is supposedto be my place to raise him, when he finaly came home from hospital, they made us have nurses, and now it is y responsibility to make sure he is raised right, even though it is hard.
And thatīs what I meant by getting offended. This is a sensitive subject. But seeking help is just that, help. It will not belittle your efforts in any way. It is your, and your husbands, job to raise your children. But help is never to be spurned IMHO. You could always try it once. If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you stop. [img]smile.gif[/img] I assure you that a professional will never make you ffel like a bad mother, and indeed you are not a bad mother for acquiring help.[/QUOTE]I did not mean to let it bug me, but we have had the nurses before, ad one always made me feellike i was worthless, anytimei tried to take care of him, she was always right there telling me what to do
Old 04-17-2003, 12:18 PM   #15
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
I did not mean to let it bug me, but we have had the nurses before, ad one always made me feellike i was worthless, anytimei tried to take care of him, she was always right there telling me what to do
LOL I didnīt mean that you were offended. Some people give the same arguments that you did but they shout it back at you then tries to slam something heavy on your head.

I understand that the nurses made you feel awkward but they were doing their job. Perhaps one of them overstepped her boundaries by "nagging". [img]smile.gif[/img] But by professional help I donīt mean hiring a nurse. I mean someone for you to talk to, or perhaps someone for your son to talk to. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thatīs all. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2003, 12:21 PM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

oh,lol i see a counseler mysef, but it does not help much when the world always falls in on me
i am on medicine to keep me calm and it works most of the time( when i remember to tke it) but there has just been to much this past year
Old 04-17-2003, 12:21 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I don't have kids of my own, but have done my fair share of sitting with them and helping friends as well as working with them at church. I sympathize with your frustration! I know it's a thousand times harder when you can't just leave them with 'mom' and go home, like I can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Had you considered looking into 'parent' groups or 'play' groups in your area? Sometimes they have deals where the moms/dads in the group take turns watching each other's children for a day or a half day. It helps the parents because they get a break and it helps the kids because they learn to get along with other kids AND to deal with another adult's rules. You could ask at local churches or check the local paper or yellow pages. Maybe the local nursery schools would have a list of such groups too, you never know! Another possibility is to call your pediatrician for ideas and he/she may know of parent/play groups in your area as well.

Good luck! It really does sound like you need some time off. Can you hire a babysitter for a few hours and go out to dinner? Even if it's just McDonalds!?
Old 04-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #18
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I don't have kids of my own, but have done my fair share of sitting with them and helping friends as well as working with them at church. I sympathize with your frustration! I know it's a thousand times harder when you can't just leave them with 'mom' and go home, like I can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Had you considered looking into 'parent' groups or 'play' groups in your area? Sometimes they have deals where the moms/dads in the group take turns watching each other's children for a day or a half day. It helps the parents because they get a break and it helps the kids because they learn to get along with other kids AND to deal with another adult's rules. You could ask at local churches or check the local paper or yellow pages. Maybe the local nursery schools would have a list of such groups too, you never know! Another possibility is to call your pediatrician for ideas and he/she may know of parent/play groups in your area as well.

Good luck! It really does sound like you need some time off. Can you hire a babysitter for a few hours and go out to dinner? Even if it's just McDonalds!?
husband took me to diner the other night, but it was all about his work that we talked about, as for the play groups,i have thought about it, but i am scared someone will harm my kids, i know over protective, but i live in arkansas, and know how people are here, someone onced poisioned here neighbors kids because they were in her garden all the time
Old 04-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #19
MagiK

I was going to echo Timber Loftis' suggestion, but your further information (re. CP) made me stop and think. Not much I can offer either, I have been so very extremely blessed with perfectly healthy kids, that any of the trials they have put us through have been extremely mild in comparison. My prayers and Gods blessings are surely with you.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:31 PM   #20
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
don't you have to, like have cable first? and have a tv that is not the same age as you are? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I thought TV land was a universal channel, heck I even get it in Cuba!