Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2002, 07:55 AM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Pfffft. I say we do it the bloodless way and let it be a duel of...
... SCRABBLE!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:04 AM   #22
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well the "presidential duel" is actually a good idea. It would spare a lot of innocent lives. But possibly instead of a "presidential duel" it could be two teams of soldiers. The best that each country has to offer, fighting each other in an enclosed area and only with equipment permitted by some independent judge. Like the UN or something.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Id love to bring dueling back..however there would be many many fewer liberals around. I am really at one with my .357.
anybody is brave with a gun. get into it barehanded and there we can see who can take it and who cant. there would be many many fewer conservatives around i tell you.[/QUOTE]Both of those statements are disgusting to me.
Much as Dutch politics whip me into a rage sometimes, at least I'm glad to be able to say I would not even consider killing the politicians I'm opposed to the most fiercely. It's nice to see you talking about killing about half of this forum (assuming that the split between left and right is about 50-50), half of your precious country... I may be opposed to the right wing in my country but at least I don't think the world would be a better place without them? Since when did conservative vs liberal become the only measure of human worth? I think that the politicians on the opposite side of me still have value as human beings.
Not really joking matter IMHO - speaking as someone from Holland, where a politician was recently murdered for such idiotic reasons as these.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:14 AM   #24
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Id love to bring dueling back..however there would be many many fewer liberals around. I am really at one with my .357.
Take your best shot Magik...I'm not afraid!

Mark
Old 10-06-2002, 09:03 AM   #25
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Pfffft. I say we do it the bloodless way and let it be a duel of...
... SCRABBLE!
But that wouldn't be very good for Dubya, would it? (ahem, subliminable) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #26
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well the "presidential duel" is actually a good idea. It would spare a lot of innocent lives. But possibly instead of a "presidential duel" it could be two teams of soldiers. The best that each country has to offer, fighting each other in an enclosed area and only with equipment permitted by some independent judge. Like the UN or something.
But then you'd be asking soldiers to die... Well, if you do have a team of sodliers duelling, then maybe they should try paintball. That way nobody has to die. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 11:04 AM   #27
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
But then you'd be asking soldiers to die... Well, if you do have a team of sodliers duelling, then maybe they should try paintball. That way nobody has to die. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And? If you're a soldier you sign on to give your life in defense of your country. That's why there's a certain difference between a soldier and a civilian, the soldiers are willing to die for their country and have said so.

The civilians, on the other hand, just want to go on living their lives. And haven't said that they'll sacrifice their lives for their country. If they die in war it's a tragedy and a crime, if the soldiers die in war then they've merely been doing their job.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:49 PM   #28
Charean
Hathor

LOL Spelca!!!

I say, let em duke it out!! But yeah... leading from the front seems to be lost on this generation. Pity. I would rather Bush and Saddam have it out than armies of people who had nothing to do with these policies!! Let the people who have issue with each other SOLVE THE DANG THING!

Barring that, Put them both in a prison cell together and let us elect new officials! LOL
Old 10-06-2002, 05:12 PM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
how nice - so you'd love to murder me and half the members of this forum - not ot mention your own country, huh?[/QUOTE]*sigh* Obviously my tongue in cheek humor flew wide of the mark...twas a joke son just a joke. It would be absurd to bring dueling back and I thought it would be self evident to everyone.

Old 10-06-2002, 05:15 PM   #30
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Ladies and Gentlemen this is my "once in a blue moon" soapbox moment.

Neither you all nor I have any right what-so-ever to label someone a hypocrite. Face the facts, there isn't a single living adult on this planet who can say they've never been self-contradictory. Okay so there are a VERY select few, but you can count them all on one hand and none of them are in this forum. Why are you looking for the sawdust in Bush's eye when you have a 4x4 sticking out of yours? Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S. Yes I do realise that I too have been hypocritical; there are no justifiable excuses. We may all choose to rationalize, but all we will come out with are rational lies.
Ummm I agree except that there is a justifiable excuse for being contradictatory....we are all HUmans (most of us any way) and not automatons or computers. Humanity, love it or leave it.