Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #41
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quarantine
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #42
Irongrinder

webbased strategy game: the late EmpireQuest, that was addictive! Still no other online webbased game catches me like EQ did.

Shooter: The Battlefield series, kept playing that with a friend of mine with the microphone on. I still do occasionally because I recently got me a new joystick....flying a chopper with it is fun!
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:38 AM   #43
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
The topic is obviously impossible to answer since we can never "play all games in all of time" to know. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thus as Link suggested, we must infer our personal subjective and limited experiences, which I'm glad people have been doing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate and Curse of the Azure Bonds were the first two vastly addictive rpgs I played. Many moons spent with them and a platform to a life of RPG addiction!

For sheer addictive simplicity in gameplay, I'd have to mention the many horizontal/vertical scrolling shooters on my trusty C64. Games like R-Type, Armalyte, Delta, Galaga/Galaxy, Slapfight, Terra Cresta...i'd die many times but usually one more blast wasn't enough.

I liked Warcraft II far more than the third instalment, which was a disappointment to me. Friends and I still play Warcraft II online today, evidencing its addictiveness.

Double Dragon and games derived of its two player beat em up style were addictive too for me as a kid. I'd have to throw in Mario Kart and Street Fighter II aswell.

Too many games to mention, really!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:01 AM   #44
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
The topic is obviously impossible to answer since we can never "play all games in all of time" to know. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thus as Link suggested, we must infer our personal subjective and limited experiences, which I'm glad people have been doing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually the more limiting factor is the subjetiveness of the concept of addictiveness. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tony Hawks was a short term addiction, but it was strong. Suprisinf really, its the only game of its type i like and it was the first like it that i had played.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #45
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Currently Ragnarok Online is getting more and more addictive. So close to 99/50 so so close....
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:08 AM   #46
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well Warcraft III for a while then just became to busy with kids.

And now I have no time for games.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #47
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Powermonger gets my vote. I have it runing on my laptop on Win98, just no sound. I still g=havent beaten it yet