Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
Wyvmettic
Welcomed New User

Residents of the Iron Works halls seem to come to a standstill as an unusual clanging and shuffling sound rings through the cooridors. A loud myowl is heard, followed by a distressful screech and several crashing noises. Legolas and Morgeruat jump from their seats as Chiroc dashes through the RPing forum lounge, his claws extended and his fine siamese hair standing on end. The eyes of the two Iron Works members dart towards the hall, only to widen at the sight of the odd figure approaching. "Oz's Tin Man meets a monster truck debris yard" best fits his description. A large metal can with a car muffler attached to it covers the bulky figure's face at an awkward angle, with six holes acting as sockets for his eyes, nostrils, and horns. The figure's chest is covered by what appears to be a piece of flattened metal leftover from a scrapyard Honda Civic, and the metal bowls taped to the figure's feet clang against the floor with every step. The scaly crimson tail that sways from the figure's back comes to a halt as he pauses in the middle of the lounge.

"Greetingssss, Iron Works." The figure's voice echoes from within the confines of his "helmet." Legolas raises a brow as the figure pulls out a garbage can lid and a soup ladel. "I hereby offer you the un-humblest of parties! Come one, come all!"

Wyvmettic begins banging the ladel against the lid in a cacophonous uproar, catching the attention Calaethis Dragonbane in a seperate hall and awakening Illumina Drathiran'ar from her slumber.

"My official name isss Wyvern Q. AlmostDragon, but I see you already have a resident Wyvern, and I didn't want to scare her from joining in on the fun." Wyvmettic reaches behind himself and scoots a case of iron wine flasks in front of Morgeruat's feet. "Help yourselves, this is in honor of you all. I'm gonna need a spot to install a rotating iron dancefloor... By the way, perhapsss one of you could clue me in to whether or not the Iron Works Wyvern is a hottie...?"

[ 03-24-2006, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Wyvmettic ]
Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As chance would have it, the Modding Mage of Ironworks was nowhere to be seen on this forum, for he had been completely pulled away with no chance of leaving behind one of his avatars to cover his kingdom.

As chance would have it, therefore, there was nobody of power and might who could approach this Wyvmettic fellow and learn of his intent upon the Role-playing forum.

Hailing from the Mighty Pen came he, knowing already members of this community, yet had he come to battle or to socialize with friends? Had he come to seige the land or to offer his services?

As the members that frequent the forum began to log in and wonder at this strange, new sight...the thought was abundantly shared amongst them all...who would be the first to make an attempt at communication with this stranger.

Who would dare?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*in a staunch anti-rping display of defiance…*

Calaethis Dragonsbane drops in from the heavens to say 'hi'. So... hi! Welcome to IWs! Hope you have a great time and a lot of fun here.

*waves from nearby and vanishes off again*
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
Wyvmettic
Welcomed New User

"Hey, wait!" Wyvmettic raises a foil-covered claw to the car muffler adjacent to his snout. "Calaethis, you forgot to take one o' these!"

Wyvmettic raises an iron flask of wine in the air and shakes it a few times, hoping the heavenly figure will extend a hand down to grab a bit of party juice. He stands in this position for several minutes, then tires under the weight of his suit and lowers his arm with a clank.

"Pleasssse don't send us any rain, and thanks for dropping by!"

Wyvern turns to the lounge and shoves the huge sheet of rotating dancefloor metal to the center all by himself. He raises a claw to wipe the sweat from his brow, then curses as he realizes that his brow is covered by his mask. The lizard clanks his way onto the dancefloor, and then begins moving in jerky robotic movements as a pounding techno beat cues up. A titanium orb extends from the ceiling on a string, and begins flashing pale light across the room.

"Parrrtaaaayyy!" Wyvmettic clunks back and forth. "C'mon, I know some o' you Iron Works folks like to work your iron on the dancefloor. Tell Johnny the booze has been provided, somebody get Sever and TAOwolf out here! Check on that Wyvern chick- I need a dance partner before my jointsss get rusty!"
Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

*Fwap* (Wyv appears)

"Chick??" Did some one call me a "chick"?? I haven't been a hatchling since the mid and evil ages!!"

"AH! A DANCE floor!! Much needed that has been and perhaps a few other ammenities which I've always found most desirable."

Winking at the corner, a hot tub filled with champagne appears, Moet Chandon 1975 Brut, of course. Another wink at the ceiling reveals a exquisitely painted mural. Mossy tuffets begin to appear along with faux golden horde tables around the perimeter of the revolving metal dancefloor.

"Ah, almost like home! Hope you don't mind a few additions. I do love to dance! Have any Afro Celt Sound System? Or Deep Forest?"

"Alas, I must get back to work. My studio cries for me and my paints need to be put to goodly use! I will return later when I am free to enjoy some music, dancing and champagne!"

*Poofities* (and like that ...... she's gone)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #6
dplax
Jack Burton

A party! Just what he had needed! Amidst all of his busyness, Jack had not had the time to simply relax.

He grabbed some of the provided booze, which turned out to be a beer. He popped it open and downed it in two large gulps. His hand wandered towards the crate again, and withdrew another beer.

He glanced at the large flashing ball in the middle of the room. The music changed, playing one of the rare dance music tunes, which Jack liked, and he moved to the middle of the dancefloor. While dancing he carefully protected his beer, not wanting to spill a drop of the precious liquid.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
Wyvmettic
Welcomed New User

Wyvmettic lets out a gleefull cackle as he grabs Wyvern's claw with a clang. The tin lizard creaks as he spins her through a speedy twirl. He clunks after her, then holds her close to his many layers of metal and lets her fall back in a waltz dip. Legolas and dplax shake their heads as they watch the semi-formal dance, noting its complete lack of syncopation with the rhythms of Afro Celt Sound System's "Dhol Dogs."

Wyvmettic twists in a final spin, then notices the fake gold horde tables and comes to a halt. He races towards the tables just as Wyvern poofs out of the room, and skids as he finds the metal pots on his feet thoroughly rusted. The overgrown lizard cries out as he collides into the horde tables, and flails about as he slides across them. He lets out an echoey scream as he careens towards a wall, but finds himself cushioned by the moss that seems to have gathered there.

"Great, now thisss stuff's sure to rust." Wyvern creaks his helmet head in the direction of dplax and raises a metal glove. "Glad to hear you're enjoyin the booze. Feel free to take as many iron wine flasks as you pleassse."

OOC: Thanks for your participation in this thread, and my apologies for taking a bit of time to get to the semi-conclusive post. This party was hosted in honor of the Iron Works forums, as a gift from the Mighty Pen. Your site was recently added to our List of Useful Links, and we wanted to give you a little creative something to show our appreciation for your forums. This will probably be my final post in this thread, but feel free to continue the party if you'd like, and don't forget the free wine!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Cyril told me a bit about what was going on here when he was able to catch his breath for a moment in his real-life stresses and we are both sad to see that you just caught the RP forum during a big sleepy spell where most people are preparing for finals or doing other important things away from the www and so we're a bit slow these recent days, sad to say.

We could use some players from the Pen in some of our games around here, if anyone is interested. BTW, our webmaster has a filter system running on sign-ups because of trouble we've had in the past with people signing on for malicious reasons. I am glad to say we've been troll free for a very long time!

IC>>>

Larry had been late in coming to the party as he had been stretched between two personages, namely the Mage who was in off-forum lands battling wits against the Windbringer and Larry Silverfall who was currently blind and trembling in fear inside the tower of Shadow, trying desperately to one day soon ressurrect his lost love...

However, the Moderator known as Larry suddenly remembered...it did not matter that his two identities were tied up and unable to attend the casual festivities because as a moderator he could do what ever he wanted and nobody could tell him no or they'd be creamed into a pie and thrown into the face of their momma.

Therefore, Larry of the no-longer-existing Order of the Holy Flame stepped into the club, looking for something to get into.

This man did not dance, and did not care about the wine. He was rather interested in the band who was rocking. He walked up on-stage and shot the drummer, kicked him off the throne and took over, starting out with an amazing solo which led into the band starting up again with the music they were performing for the dancing and drinking guests.

[ 04-14-2006, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The doors of the strange new venue burst open as a fantastically over-dressed Sever slides in with a retro 70s dance move and crashes spectacularly into a pile of iron wine casks. Without missing a beat, a quick shimmy puts him on back on his feet and he grooves the length of the rotating iron dance floor.

"Why is it that i'm always late these parties?"
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Why is it i'm never invited to any of these parties? Wait i know why. Nobody like Conrad the Condor.*sighs* Oh well. Welcome to IW!

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote