Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi,

in my last game (expert) I wanted to take Vi with me into the circle. She never was with me and I heard much about her bad fighting against the Savant. So I wanted to see it myself.

But yesterday evening, after I return to Arnika, something mysterious happened. I had Saxx and RFS-81 with me . I dismissed Saxx to make room for Vi and went into He'Li's bar. Short before I could talk to her ... poooof ... she disappered. I havn't found her again . I reloaded, but she was gone.

I first thought, that she disappeared, because Saxx return to the roadhouse. I went to the Umpani camp but couldn't find her there.

Has anyone discovered this fault , too ? Is there a solution ?

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:15 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Hah. You did exactly what you have to do to make an RPC vanish. There's something like this at Flamestryke, the rule for RPC's.
Any time you dismiss an RPC in a Zone with any other RPC's, one of those other RPC's may vanish, especially if you'd recruited them at some time. Flame recommends dismissing RPC's only in otherwise uninhabited zones (Rattus is transparent to this; you can't recruit him).
You cannot recover the RPC without reloading to before the dismissal.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:53 AM   #3
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Scatter.

Null Problemo. I can dismiss Saxx short before I teleport to Arnika.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:42 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

Hope she turns up this time.
Is Vi really that bad at the end of the game? I've got her with me, in the swamp at the mo, but should I drop her from my party now and not bother with her? Going to pick up RFS81 later as well.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:58 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know, Target. I read it in many post.

I never had her with me. I was disappointed about Vi Domina through the games, because many NPC's told me important things about her.

Braffit : Story about Guardians of the Key
Fuzzfas : Granddaughter of Phoonzang
Dark Savant : Stole her eye

All this made me believe that Vi is very important in the game. But after I reached the circle the first time without her I never tried it again, because I had no need for a Valk.

Now that the game is getting old and new games are more important to me I want to finish a game with her.

Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #6
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

She is not very noticable as a fighter, but the dialog is worth the trouble... It helps to 'bump' her ability with her darn stun mace as she develops because she will seperate from the party and return any cool stuff that you gave her anyway.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I always used her with polearm/bows and she got reasonably powerful. (I also had her disappear in a game once.) My biggest gripe was her not going certain places. I tend to stick with RFS or no RPCs at all. I alternate between Valks and Lords with small parties, though my current has neither.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
Monk
Welcomed New User

Hello, I have had a similar experience. So I took Saxx again - even to the Rapax Rift and Castle even if he screamed something about headache. I had trained him before as a good fighter and it was a fine thing to have two bards in my team. I went with him and with RFS81 to the Cosmic Circle without any problems.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:24 PM   #9
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

My advice - take Vi to Cosmic Circle. Its really funny to see as she kicks Savant in his head for some nice damage. Btw. dont you think Savant is easier than Nessie?
Fiend of the 9 Worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Fiend of the 9 Worlds:
My advice - take Vi to Cosmic Circle. Its really funny to see as she kicks Savant in his head for some nice damage. Btw. dont you think Savant is easier than Nessie?
That's why I hardly ever play to the end.