Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2002, 09:00 AM   #1
Alenkii Cvetocek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,

Has anybody here played Morrowind? If so, could you comment on how it measures up against Wiz 8? As a fan of phased combat (and non-clickfest games in general), will I be annoyed by Morrowind's interface?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

AC
Alenkii Cvetocek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 12:03 AM   #2
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

Combat in Morrowind is not the primary focus of the game, but yes it can turn into a clickfest if you choose to go with melee. I find bows much more enjoyable.

The main difference between Morrowind and Wizardry 8 is size and gameplay. In Wizardry your purpose in the game is to ascend, and all the quests in the game are geared toward that final goal. In Morrowind, you can spend days doing quests for various people that will have no effect whatsoever. The setting of Morrowind is also very large. Most of the action takes place in the cities, but exploring the region is very rewarding. The graphics alone will blow you away.

Because combat is not the primary focus of the game and that the game does not restrict anything you can do, the game can become very easy very quickly. However, all games have their flaws, and Morrowind is a unique experience that should not be ignored. The game shipped with the development tools allowing small plugins are large mods to be developed, and already there are hundreds of plugins available and multiple large mod projects planned.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:06 PM   #3
Jerry Austin
The Magister

I agree with the above and a thing to note is:
1-i enjoy both games very much but morrowind is HUGE and i mean Huge,ive been playing going on 3 weeks and i aint even put a dent in it,now i aint sure but i heard the game boasts 600 + hours,but both are excellent.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Oh yeah 1 thing that needs to be said is morrowind is a heavy system demanding game so ya better be packing some firepower in there.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:37 AM   #5
kinneer
Welcomed New User

Morrowind is very open ended, which can a plus or minus depending on your taste. Of you do not like click feast, you will not like the combat in MW.

I have only just started playing and I find the combat really annoying. The most annoying thing being you have no ideal if you are hitting your foe or how badly he/she/it is hurted.

Combat may not as important but like all similar games, they are important if you are to survive. I found myself having trouble killing even the lowest lifeform, beside myself and I am not suicidal. May be it is my character.

What I do like is the atmosphere in the game, when I am exploring the world, I really do feel I am there. It is very beautiful and captures the fantasy world very well.

Just my opinion.
kinneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:16 AM   #6
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Wiz8 can be played on almost any system. You need a god PC to run Morrowind.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote