Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 08:19 AM   #1
Odin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am playing BG and am in the stage to go to Candlekeep, chapter 6 that is. Problem was, my thief had too little find trap skills so I had to level him up before going to Candlekeep. Now, the problem is that all my characters have stopped at 89000 XPs. What is the story? Really annoying since the game looses all the fun, extra annoying since both my mages level up at 90 000. So, is this some max level for a certain chapter, I am not getting any points at the start of chapter 6 either. Is my game broken or what? Checked the manual and found nothing. Pliis help, home sick from work, perfect time to play.

Thanx in advance,

Odin.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 11:05 AM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

There is a XP-Cap for the whole game, which is 89000 xp. You cannot earn more xp, except you install ToSC (which raises the cap to 161.000 xp) or search the board for "xp cap remover (I think there was one such topic not too long ago).
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:08 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Chris77 is right about the cap levels. But you caught it in time, so its not a total loss. If you have TotSC, then you can pick up at the beginning of chapter 6 (or earlier if you have a save) and start Durlag's Tower and the Islands. You probably didn't lost too much xp and IF i remember right, the extra xp is already contained in your character files so you may actually level up IMMEDIATELY when you install TotSc and start up a saved game.

As always, make sure that you backup your saved games just in case something happens when you install TotSC.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 12:35 AM   #4
Campino

That's right Micah.As soon as you install TOTSC,your xp-cap rises to 161000.If you want to read the previous thread about the xp-cap remover,go here http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c&f=1&t=001717
Old 12-05-2001, 11:11 PM   #5
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

The real xpcap remover is called xpcap.zip and I have been totally unable to find it on the internet in the past few weeks. Luckily a friend had it on his computer. This one works, and I am willing to give it to anybody who wants it.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote