Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

When I was five a kid held my head under the water in the swimming pool. Just as I was gulping in pool water a lifeguard hauled me out.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #32
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

My parents told me that when I was 4 or 5 I was drowning to a big water can in our yard. This was in a working ground, and one worker happened to see me diving to that can which was twice as big as I, and pull me out. Never got to know the guy. Surely wouldn´t have gotten out of there myself, seeing I was there upside down.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:27 AM   #33
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

1. When I was between the ages of 3 and 6, I feel down the stairs at my grandparent's house several times. Their staircase ended with a closet in front of it, so there wasn't room to roll after landing at the bottom. It amazed my parents that I never broke any bones. I still won't go down any stairs unless I have hold of the rail and refuse to go down any esculators.
2. When I was 5, me and my sister had a little pool and once when a couple of our cousins were playing with us, I almost drowned. I was sitting on the inside edge of an inner-tube and it flipped over, holding me underwater even though it was only 3 feet deep. I can't remember how I got out but the worst it left me with was a recurring ear-infection.
3. My last year of high school I was dating the meanest guy in school (the one who started calling me Ornery). I didn't have any problems with him trying to beat me up, but one time after we broke up and were still friends, he'd invited me over to his house for the day. He'd been drinking while sitting there (his mom was away on a trip) and he decided to show me his new shotgun. While showing it to me, he pointed it straight at my head (just a couple of inches from my forehead) and said how easy it would be to pull the trigger. I don't think he would have intentionally shot me, but when someone is drunk and tends to be emotional, accidents can happen.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:44 AM   #34
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Once a few years ago I almost choked on some food or some such. Must have been really traumatic if I can't even remember it! I'm pretty boring, haven't even broken any bones, no exciting illnesses [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
LOL, consider yourself lucky, is what I would say...

EDIT: To stay on topic, I can't say I remember anything significant...I ain't broken anything either, touch wood! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-19-2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 05-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #35
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm lets see-

I almost drowned when I was 3 or 4, I was at the public swimming pool, and I went out too far..

Then when I was 8 or 9 I fell off a speeding four wheeler (ATV whatever) nothing too bad happened. I got five stiches in my left hand and almost had my ring finger cut off, but it could have been alot worse, I remember looking up and seeing the 4 wheeler rolling over at least one more time. Good thing I fell off..

Then just last night I accdenitly dry fired by bow, nothing happened but it could have been pretty nasty.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-19-2003, 03:45 PM   #36
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I almost died when I was 9 years old. I went across the street and a motorbike came out od nowhere. It nailed me down the street and i had to go into ER...
I will never forget this
Old 05-19-2003, 11:34 PM   #37
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've posted the complete details before, so I'll just give a summary version here.

I have a chronic illness called Chron's Disease. It can normally be controlled with a maintenance dose of medication, but it 1997, it pulled a very nasty surprise on me. It caused a massive internal injury that resulted in internal bleeding and my system being flooded with poison. A series of circumstances led to my having to suffer for almost 30 hours before finally being taken into an operating room. Needless to say, peritonitis was running rampant through my system by this time.

After the surgery, the doctor came out to my wife and mother and asked them if they believed in miracles. They replied that they did, and the doctor said "That's good...because a miracle is the only thing that is going to save him. I've done everything I can, but I don't expect him to survive past the next 72 hours."

Thankfully, God had other plans.