Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 12:18 PM   #1
Sark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As the book is so helpful, not, could someone explain what the various Artifact spells do? thanks.
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 12:22 PM   #2
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would also like to know which ones are the best ones. What do you guys think?
Old 11-14-2001, 05:25 PM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi, this is a tricky one! However, I'll try to answer it as well as I can. Unfortunately my memory is a little bit fuzzy on this...

First of all, remember that enchanting is done in the Wizard's tower, and blessing is done in the temple. So, now to the good stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]

1. Spirit: Enchant? Bless?
2. Sun: Enchant armour pro fire, weapons flamestrike (rechargeable)
3. Moon: Enchant armour pro ice, weapons iceball (rechargeable)
4. Vine: Enchant? Bless, probably adds toughness.
5. Stone: Enchant weapon (could be +hit)? bless armour AC
6. Fiend: Enchant armour pro magic, bless weapons +damage

I know that there are both gaps (and probably some errors as well), but this gives the big picture. My personal opinion is that the Artifact of Fiend is a must have. It's also nice to be able to add pro ice and pro fire to armour (especially when running around to the west of Ishad N'ha)

Remember also that you'll have to have both the occultist and cabalist trait together with the enchant skill to be able to enchant armour and weapons at the Wizard's and at the Temple.

Cheers // Jazzid
Old 11-14-2001, 05:33 PM   #4
Feanor
Dungeon Master

Spirit will allow you to add +regen to your armor.

it'll cost you 10k gold * enchantment level(i.e. the second time you enchant the same armor it'll cost 20k) you are adding though.
not cheap that's for sure.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
Sark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

jazzid, thanks for the info.

can items be given bless/enchant from multiple spell classes? i.e. weapons that do both fire and cold damage & have fiend enchant too?

(methinks board so quiet today coz everyone playing wiz8)
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:43 PM   #6
Zerofreak

Sark,

the only thing that prevents you to put other enchantments on your stuff is the level your character is (max of 12 enchantments / item) and the gold you have...other than that, the sky is the limit.

0Freak
Old 11-14-2001, 11:20 PM   #7
the_young_one
Manshoon

I never enchant weapons with spells because you have to "use" the weapon to cast the spell and end up missing out on your normal melee attack. With other weapons in the game such as Staff of Death, Nightblade, wizard blade, you attack with the weapon and you have the chance of landing a spell as well.

The artifact of fiend spell which increases the damage done is an absolute must.. Zenmaster with a wizards blade and level 14 in blessing can do 14-70 damage .. If he has giantstrike from an earlier role, a measly dagger can do more than 200 points of damage in one hit..

Enchanting armour, rings or cuffs with the artifact of fire/ice/moon spells can give you +20%, +40% or +80% to fire/ice/magic so you have your characters pretty close to invincible.
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 11:23 AM   #8
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does that mean when you run out of whatever spell you enchanted your weapon with (for example flamestrike) you can now enchant it with something different, or are you stuck with the spell permanently and the only thing you can do is recharge it?
Old 11-18-2001, 12:39 AM   #9
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I believe you have to recharge once you've enchanted a weapon. The best thing to do is bless weapons with Spirit to increase to HIT, and bless weapons with Fiend to increase Damage. Avoid the enchants for reasons previously mentioned. It's not worth it. Toughen from Vine is fine for good, but weak weapons, like the Leprechaun's Staff, and for armor that you don't want to worry about breaking on you, like the Underwater Helm, especially when you've got other items which Are enchanted to protect you for fire, ice, magic, etc. And, as noted above, Spirit to Armor adds Regeneration, which is a very nice quality to have!

Dr.Pick

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Dr.Pick ]