Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 03:00 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

is there something i am missing regarding the gem bags, scroll pouches and potion cases? i bought 2 of each, thinking that i could finally fully loot an entire dungeon with them ... but whenever i open the second one, it has stuff in it. as a matter of fact, its the same stuff that's in my first bag. and that first bag doesn't even have to be in my possession.

i don't understand the physics either. *lol* is it a twisted pocket dimension, giving everyone who knows me, access to my magicked container?

anyway, it seems like it's just not enough, especially considering how fast things disappear in the dungeons. making two trips is not possible because of that. for me and my friends, it's absolutely essential to take everything we find in the first part of the game. *sighs, smiling* i have better luck with an empty drawer in an inn. now, those are truly bottomless pits!

or is it just me? (wouldn't be at all surprised! 'chaos' is my middle name.)

V*-chaos-*V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-13-2001).]
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, Dragon's eye usually involves hauling your loot from all but the very last level back up to the surface to sell, then going back and clearing the final goodies. Luckily, they put two chests at the entrance to that dungeon that you can stuff extra stuff in and it won't disappear. Just find a cool chest or container near the entrance to an area to stick unneeded valuables in (gems, silly potions, unusable scrolls). that way you get more room in your pouches of holding. i think each container allows a stack of 20 items in it, so it's good to buy all containers whenever possible.
as for what you described about strangeness in inventory. I would assume that you probably have duplicate gembags, scroll cases or potion bags and are confusing one for another. I wish you could enscribe names on each one to know exactly what you're looking at. or you could try giving one items of each to someone else and let them guard their little toy so you can remember what's where in who's bag.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 04:47 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:

or you could try giving one items of each to someone else and let them guard their little toy so you can remember what's where in who's bag.
well see..... that's EXACTLY what i do.
its been the same on my 3 previous run thrus.

if i give every single person their own gem pouch, our total inventory for all 6 pouches is still only 20 gems. i thot every individual had their OWN, SEPARATE gem pouch so that we could carry a total of 120 gems. and its the same thing for potion case and scroll bags. AND, if i have a "case" stuck in a drawer in town, it becomes 7 pouches totalling 20 gems. so distance doesn't matter.

i must say it's the only thing i find frustrating in the whole game.

but thanks for clearing it up. i have been dealing with it for a year now ... has it been a year? *lol* no reason to let it /bug/ me. *smiles*

V***V

Old 06-13-2001, 05:09 PM   #4
Nanu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry about your problem but I have a question? where did you buy your gem bags, scroll cases..and is there a holding bag in this game?
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 05:48 PM   #5
Laurentius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

have you got 'Dalekeeper' available ?
if yes, you could have a look at the inventory of each of yours characters
a blind guess: if the item-codes are all the same for one type of bag, then it might be that the engine only 'knows' one bag to store gems etc.
(if this is the caes, dunno how to produce this, game version ? )

... just a thought ...
Laurentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 06:14 PM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurentius:
have you got 'Dalekeeper' available ?
if yes, you could have a look at the inventory of each of yours characters
a blind guess: if the item-codes are all the same for one type of bag, then it might be that the engine only 'knows' one bag to store gems etc.
(if this is the caes, dunno how to produce this, game version ? )

... just a thought ...
Then it would be a bug. I always have multi bags on different characters with different stuff. That IS strange.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 09:03 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanu:
Sorry about your problem but I have a question? where did you buy your gem bags, scroll cases..and is there a holding bag in this game?
no holding bags. except the broken jester's bag of holding...but you can't put anything into it...only take stuff out! *lol*
i got mine at the Easthaven temple (i just started my 4th game). i know you can get them from most temples thru out the game too.

i'm not sure what to do. my previous 3 times thru it was the same way. i run iwd/how with the patch for how.

it never occurred to me that it was a bug. i haven't heard anyone else complain about it. altho, i just talked to my bf and he said he had the same problem in bg2:soa. and then laffed at me. he thinks its hilarious. *laughs* if you knew me, believe me, you would too. like i said before, my middle name is chaos.

oh well. *smiles* i been dealing with it this long.

V***V

Old 06-14-2001, 02:34 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

A question: Do you perchance have over 10 bags total? There is a bug that if you have too many bags (of any type) that things start screwing up. The bags are basically a hack of the store code, and my guess is they are storing them as some sort of array... one just 10 big Myself, I typically ran around with about 6, 2 of each. Never had any problems, even with both bags of a single type on one person.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:36 PM   #9
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Axterix:
A question: Do you perchance have over 10 bags total? There is a bug that if you have too many bags (of any type) that things start screwing up. The bags are basically a hack of the store code, and my guess is they are storing them as some sort of array... one just 10 big Myself, I typically ran around with about 6, 2 of each. Never had any problems, even with both bags of a single type on one person.
I have done the same thing with no problem.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:59 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Axterix:
A question: Do you perchance have over 10 bags total?
nope.
i noticed it when i had 2 of each kind. one set on me and the other on my ranger.
thanks tho.

its been this way on all 4 playthrus of the game. *lol* i really don't think it will change. weird tho that i never see anyone else complain about it. *smiles* i can live with it.

V***V