Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 01:47 AM   #61
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
I think that the best solution for this would have been to parachute him into downtown Oklahoma City. Then just sit back and watch...

...imho, of course...

They should have put some C4 in his last meal take him by surprise like he did to his victims.

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 12:52 PM   #62
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

Well spoken and agreed Gaelic!

Thanks!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-13-2001, 12:57 PM   #63
Lioness
Jack Burton

I think that by killing him we are commiting murder as well. A murder is a murder, no matter what the circumstances. Sorry if I sound goody-goody, but that is what I believe.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 04:18 PM   #64
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I think that by killing him we are commiting murder as well. A murder is a murder, no matter what the circumstances. Sorry if I sound goody-goody, but that is what I believe.

Good for you for standing up and saying so! And hello! Don't think we have chatted before.
I don't wholly agree with you, as you will know if you read my post. I agree with the basic principle you state, but I think it is totally wrong for society to pay to keep these people in prison. Why should we, after all? As a number of other people have pointed out, many criminals of all sorts have privileges that many law-abiding citizens cannot afford for themselves, yet they are having to pay for the criminals' privileges out of their income. It is hardly justice for that to happen.
By the way, I REALLY like your sig - It's great!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 04:28 PM   #65
Dramnek_Ulk

from a purely practical viewpoint, if you execute anyone you run the risk of irreverasbly punishing an innocent.there have been terrible miscarriges before. Also its likely that Mcveigh acted with accomplaices or was used due to the enormity of the bomb and now we may never know the truth.

Old 06-13-2001, 06:19 PM   #66
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
from a purely practical viewpoint, if you execute anyone you run the risk of irreverasbly punishing an innocent.there have been terrible miscarriges before. Also its likely that Mcveigh acted with accomplaices or was used due to the enormity of the bomb and now we may never know the truth.
There is still one accomplice alive in Terry Nichols. He will not likely be executed. If there are any others out there, we were always more likely to get info from him than from McVeigh. McVeigh never gave any info, Nichols has. As for the "enormity" of the bomb, you or I could make it on a weekend. There are a million websites and books to tell you how, unfortunately.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-13-2001, 07:09 PM   #67
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

He was waging war.It was a calculated logical exercise.Has anone here doubts that if he had not been caught another target would have been taken?The potential of his possible escape, the energy he could lend to certain factions as a living icon,and the weakness on terrorism letting him live would have been catistrophic.But these are my personal views and atthis point in time fairly moot.One thing I have been verry upset about that i have not heard a lot about is this,why has the bastard who put those children in a daycare in a fbi building not been brought to charges.Quite plainly it wasn't for any reason but to use the children,hopeing noone would attack because they were there.Those children were put at unessary risk imho figuring they were a less like likely target from internal terrorism if children were there.I know this is a rant but those children didn't know the risks,the parents took an oath and knew the risks of their choosen proffession.They shouldn't have been involved.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:14 PM   #68
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well if my own two cents is worth anything I would like to say that when a murderer confesses and the law has undisputed truth that the person is actually the murderer, capitol punishment is befitting of the crime.
I do think they let these people off too easy, putting them to sleep and then killing them. I think their deaths should match their crimes.

Timothy McVeigh confessed with no remorse. He deserved worse than what he got.

He was not a lunatic, he was a radical. I actually met him one night when he lived in Tucson. He was not a lunatic. He was, as many young middle class white men are, mad at a government that takes their hard earned wages and gives it to professional welfare families and prisoners to do with it the things they are denied in society without it.

To keep people like this in prison for the rest of their lives is just a drain on the rest of the country's pocketbook and morale.
We here in America pay taxes so that prisoners can get three square meals a day, college educations, have gyms, cable television and libraries. They live better than good moral people who struggle out among society just to get by.

Personally I have been laughed out of offices granting funding for an education beyond High School for being a middle class white girl...behind minorities, refugees, and prisoners, I am the last in line. Its wrong but I won't go around killing other people for it.

I paid for my own college education, struggling to raise a child and keep a roof over my head at the same time. It wasn't easy.

However, a criminal can, in prison, get an education, a college degree, and change their name before their release in order to start life among society anew. With their reccomendations, they can be (and have been) my bosses.

I think the judicial system should rethink what effects they are having on society as a whole when they put criminals in prison. and give them priveledges that they require us to pay for and then let these people out to have better lives than us.

I like the Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff's method...canvas tents and bologna sandwiches. People don't want to go back.

'nuff said for now.

Moni

I couldn't have said it better Moni. It is unbelievable the privileges that our prisoners get here in America. And you're right, some are living better than the people who are struggling to made ends meet. I agree wholeheartedly.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 08:29 AM   #69
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
He was waging war.It was a calculated logical exercise.Has anone here doubts that if he had not been caught another target would have been taken?The potential of his possible escape, the energy he could lend to certain factions as a living icon,and the weakness on terrorism letting him live would have been catistrophic.But these are my personal views and atthis point in time fairly moot.One thing I have been verry upset about that i have not heard a lot about is this,why has the bastard who put those children in a daycare in a fbi building not been brought to charges.Quite plainly it wasn't for any reason but to use the children,hopeing noone would attack because they were there.Those children were put at unessary risk imho figuring they were a less like likely target from internal terrorism if children were there.I know this is a rant but those children didn't know the risks,the parents took an oath and knew the risks of their choosen proffession.They shouldn't have been involved.
I agree with the first part of what you said, but not with the second. It is very common for there to be daycare provided in federal buildings now. I am not 100% certain, but I think they now HAVE to have them there now. It was not just the FBI in that building. In fact, most of the building consisted of other federal offices. It was the Murrah Federal Building, not the Murrah FBI Headquarters.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-14-2001, 08:46 AM   #70
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I´m generally against death sentances, because some others have posted here, what if he is innocent, it will not bring the dead back and you sink to the killers position.

But I can understand people arguing for death penalty for hideous crimes like this one. Doesn´t mena that I think he should die. Here in Sweden we don´t have death penalties and my point is very similiar to Moiraines, we have more or less the same standards in our countries.

But of course, i have to say that if i were the realative to one of thoose poor people who died, i to would want to see the man dead..

It´s a tough one this, but it must be No, death sentances are not OK.

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz