Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
blakething
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi ppl, i just got this game tonight and i had dl'ed a bunch of custom portraits from fileplanet and the readme says that all i have to do is copy and paste to the "portrait directory" but i don't see anything like this in BG folder.can someone help me with this? thanks in advance.

EDIT: found directory labeled "portraits" in Black Isle > "BGII SoA" folder and copied and pasted there but they didnt even show up to select on character generation screen when running #2. i don't even SEE a portrait directory in the ORIGINAL BG folder though,sort of lost here.

[ 02-02-2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: blakething ]
blakething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #2
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Follow the description on this page:

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...ortraits.shtml

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 02-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
blakething
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah,i had figured it out not long after i posted. didnt realize i was supposed to create my OWN directory;was trying to find where the "default" portraits were and transfer the custom ones there.

hehe ,did not know info was right here on this site,as i usually just link directly to forums.
thanks anyway.
blakething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Did you manage to make it work?

I tried for a couple of months ago, but my installation wouldn't accept the pictures. I could easily find the files and chose the files from inside BG, but the pictures wouldn't show up (I got the silhouette with a question mark instead).

And no - I didn't mix up the small and large versions.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane