Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 08:20 AM   #1
kirdie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What am i doing wrong?? I take my cleric, hold down "SHIFT", click on the spell, the spell disapears but:
- there is no new healing spell in my spell-section
- she does not heal herself and
- there is no unit-pointer to select one of my party to heal him...
which are the 3 possible ways i could think of the healing convertition would work.... and if it works are the healing spells the same lvl as the converted spell??
kirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After you shift click the spell you should be in the same state as if you just clicked a healing
spell with the one difference that if you cast a healing spell while say paused and then
tell the cleric to do something else the healing spell stays whereas once you shift click
a spell it's gone for the day. So you should get the cast spell pointer after shift clicking
a spell as a cleric. As for the level the answer is mostly you can only convert to cure
spells so for levels higher then 4 or such (whichever holds the cure critical) you only
get a cure critical spell (not even heal since it's not a cure spell).
Rawel
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:15 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, basically from what you say your actually converting the spell fine, the spell pointer (the moon and stars icon) will remain after you have converted (plus it should confirm the conversion in the status window). Now all u need to do is follow thru with what your doing, click a character in need of healing and it should work. It's an instant thing when the Cleric petitions his or her god to trade memorized spells for needed healing spells so it wont appear in your list of previously memorized spells.