Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 06:54 AM   #1
Yogi_Yohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, those Stone Nuisances in Trials of the Luremaster are a pain in the posterior. How do you go about killing them? They are immune to all my physical weapons and seem next to impervious to all but the ocassional lucky hit with the strongest magic (of which I haven't got enough to kill even one of them with).

I even tried to use "Stone to Flesh" on them in the hope it would make them a little softer, but no luck.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Yogi_Yohan ]

Yogi_Yohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 11:55 AM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here's some advice. Don't kill them. I did this when i was in my last game. You need blunt weapons anyway and if you don't have them...Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
when i went to retrieve the gems that now were turned into flawless gems, i took my fighter with the highest hp and ran to the altar, picked up the gem and ran out of the cave. Healed my fighter and went to the next cave. Sometimes it's better not to kill and take a little damage in the process.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: JR Jansen ]

Old 11-07-2001, 05:18 AM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Blunt weapons seem to be the only way. Magic of that nature tends to be destructive on too large a scale. If you don't have enough magical blunt weapons (and HP) to do the job, then JR's suggestion is the best advice for you.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:12 AM   #4
Yogi_Yohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys.

In thruth, I actually thought that maybe blunt weapons would be effective before posting here,
but the slings in my party only resulted in "...immune to crushing damage", leading me to think they were totally immune to physical harm.

I forgot to consider the possibility that it would take ENCHANTED blunt weapons to bring them down.

Anyhow, just running was the best option in my case.

"He who fights and runs can run another day!"

-Maverick, gambler
Yogi_Yohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 12:59 PM   #5
frycek
Welcomed New User

You guys know how to kill those spectral hero after you thake the portal. I just cant get to the end of it (luremaster)
frycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 02:55 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is a though fight so buff up (chant, defensive harmony, prot. from evil, the works). For some reason, i never got turn undead to work on these guys and to top it off the Luremaster himself keeps portaling all over the place. After a few tries you'll pretty much know where he's going to go though so what i would do is place a fighter type (if possible) at every place he's going to portal to. Have them beat on him untill he portals out and switch to another. Have your cleric run all over the place healing your figthers and have your mage cast everything damaging he/she has. Btw. you need enchanted weapons here too.