Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 08:03 PM   #1
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What spell should I use on the lizerd men I have hold person,scull trap,fire ball,web,vappers touch,magic misial/and wand of magic misel,glif of wandering,master somining 1,I cant rember all my spels right know. my mage is level 6,clerick,7,thife leveal 8,tow fighter 7 ,ranger 7. I am tring to clear the area without anyone dieing. any help would be nise.
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILER ALERT:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Okay, I'm not sure, but based on your description, I take it you're on Level 4 (the Temple of Eldathyn?) Okay...what you need is fireball, fireball, fireball! Also Chromatic Orb (quite often freezes them dead in their tracks) if you have it, and Magic Missile. Also use the "fodder" spells such as Monster Summoning I as it tends to keep monsters "busy" while you peg away at them with missile weapons from a distance. Also if you have it, use "Haste" before the heaviest battles. Your party will be fatigued afterward, but it's well worth it if it helps them to survive.

On your cleric, put him/her in "Sanctuary" and let the Monsters cluster around while you pick them off as well.

If you're on Level 4 of Dragon's Eye, there's a couple of strategies you can use. First of all, head directly toward the east side of the map ASAP and take out the High Summoner, as he will keep summoning trolls and lizard men at you. Then head back west, taking out the false Eldathyn priests and free the true Eldathyn priests from their prison back on the west side of the map. Then tackle the High Ritualist in the center area with your new friends...they're great fighters. Make sure your cleric has memorized plenty of heal spells...you'll need them! Also have some heal potions of hand if you have any.

Hope this helps you out.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 10-09-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote