Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 02:19 AM   #1
Wutang
Manshoon

After freeing the evil demon in Helms Hold for the reward...I noticed that I didn't lose points towards the evil side...nor did my alignment suffer.

Hmmm I just let loose an evil demon in Neverwinter and my alignment remains unchanged? Seems weird.

Anyone else noticed that?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:04 PM   #2
Hesperex

...me chuckles

sort of spoiler
You might want to banish it next time and then take a closer look at the alter
Old 08-28-2002, 12:35 PM   #3
Debaser

Ok, now you got me curious as hell. I reloaded a bunch of times at that point...basically trying to decide whether or not to let him loose or banish him. I ended up banishing the creature....

What is on the altar? What is there if you banish him? I did not noticing anything, and also thought it kind of strange that the decision didn't impact my alignment...
Old 08-28-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
Ok, now you got me curious as hell. I reloaded a bunch of times at that point...basically trying to decide whether or not to let him loose or banish him. I ended up banishing the creature....

What is on the altar? What is there if you banish him? I did not noticing anything, and also thought it kind of strange that the decision didn't impact my alignment...
Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you banish the demon, the altar is not spoiled. If you listen to the opening dialogue, there was something that happened to Helm. If you find the right item and don't have a spoiled altar, you can summon him back. I believe that was what they were referring to. Helm will offer you some stuff too, for bringing him back.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
Wutang
Manshoon

aye you get some neat stuff from Helm but I didn't notice that altar again..heh...but still I guess it just seems odd that my alignment didn't move towards the evil side if I chose to let loose the demon in the world.

oh well....might have been an oversight.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:58 AM   #6
Hesperex

spoiler
well actually it was the guardian spirit of helm that you can summon, and you can get better magical goodies off him and a nice load of experience and you don't have to live with the stigma of knowing you unleashed a demon on the prime material plane.

[ 08-29-2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Hesperex ]