Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2000, 01:26 PM   #1
sanced

Silly me, i had my priest.. i got him to lvl 7 spirit spells... great magic etc.
(dispel undead, and ashes to ashes are awesome) anyways.. i made him a monk cause i was... i guess curious about how he could fight etc anyways,

thing is i need him to learn Vine spells... i'm tired of not being able to Cure poisons etc

is there any path i can take now to learn vine spells? (ranger perhaps?) i was gonna make him a paladin but i saw the paladin gets spirit spells... grr
Old 12-12-2000, 04:14 PM   #2
THE_ONE

Hy sanced!

I guess there are 3 ways to compensate for the lack of vine spell for your monk.
First, make him a Ranger. I think this is not possible without any other promotion in between, since the Monk can only enter Cleric and Bushi guild, the Ranger needs Rogue or Warrior guild. So you could do a bit of paladining in between, just to find out how to use a knife (or a sword).
Second, raise your vine spell abilitiy untill you have two times the level of the most difficult spell you want to learn. (Example: for Cure Poison, level 4, you need a skill of 8 to learn if you do not specialize in this realm of magic.)
Third, promote your Monk to Warlock. Warlocks do not have this double skill penalty, because they are the best magic-users. When you have reached Warlock level 4, you should be able to choose the fourth-level vine-spell.
I have to admit that I'm not completely sure, if this third option really works - but I am quite sure of it.

Hope to have helped a bit, sanced.

Greetings

THE ONE
Old 12-12-2000, 05:54 PM   #3
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Warlocks don't have vine magic. I went monk>samurai>ranger, and eventually got all the vine spells at level 13, the same as my priest had when I changed to a monk/
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote