Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 04:07 PM   #61
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Mel, I'm so pleased to hear that news [img]smile.gif[/img] . I always thought it was a real shame you couldn't fulfil all your ambitions, especially since, as little I know you, you seem so passionate about them. Hope it all works out for you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Joy! Well. It rained last night, which is GOOD because we need rain! Brisbane's average rainfall for january is 155mm - we got 5mm this january [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] . My kitten loves me. My puppy's healthy. And I think I've finally exhausted all the ridiculous worries I have about uni. I had some sensible ones, then they turned out to be groundless, so then, of course, I had to have something to worry about so I came up with some really silly ones. But now even those are gone [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 06:51 AM   #62
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I see trees of green, red roses too! I see them bloom, for me and you (it's summertime here).
And y'know, I just sit back and think to myself, 'what a wonderful world'.

Someone should write a song about this, it'd be awesome.

Good times to everyone! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 02-03-2003, 08:00 AM   #63
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Mel, I'm so pleased to hear that news [img]smile.gif[/img] . I always thought it was a real shame you couldn't fulfil all your ambitions, especially since, as little I know you, you seem so passionate about them. Hope it all works out for you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks Aelia, that's so sweet and thoughtful... thank you!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

My update to the joy thread is that today, I handed in the registration papers at the university. YAY!! Feeling a little afraid I won't know how to do it any more, yet elated as well.

Oh and in the weekend we had the most beautiful dry, powdery snow! It's thawing again today, but the sun is out and shining! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 08:29 AM   #64
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

My update to the joy thread is that today, I handed in the registration papers at the university. YAY!! Feeling a little afraid I won't know how to do it any more, yet elated as well.
Right on Mel! Studying is just like riding a bike, you'll get back into it without any trouble, only now you've had the last year or so of debating and posting on the internet to really sharpen your writing skills. You're gonna kick some English literary ass!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:54 AM   #65
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok... you wanna feel happy here's how to do it... FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!

Take yourself...
SIt in a bouncy chair...

Bounce up and down while singing (at a fast tempo... and very loud) "Bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy booooooooouuuuuuuuuuuncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy booooooooouuuuuuuuuuuncy..." and so on

Works every time...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:40 AM   #66
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I've been listening to The Tea Party's Chimera today. The point in the song where the first chorus 'falls apart' back to the verse made me break into smile on the bus. I love those times when you get pure joy from even a few seconds of a song!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:42 AM   #67
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I've been listening to The Tea Party's Chimera today. The point in the song where the first chorus 'falls apart' back to the verse made me break into smile on the bus. I love those times when you get pure joy from even a few seconds of a song!
Leonis, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Listening to music can make me weep with joy, or bounce along with happiness. Good song, BTW. Maybe I'll put on a CD of them now
Old 02-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #68
Masklinn

From Leonis :
Quote:
I love those times when you get pure joy from even a few seconds of a song!
Oh yeah...these moments exist and are awesomely enjoyable [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #69
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Masklinn, it's part of my world view, and life's ambition to notice the good things, and be grateful for all that I've been given.

But sometimes it's all too easy to forget and be weighed under by the bad.

Yet you my friend, someone I hardly know, have managed to re-boot and refresh my approach and my thankfullness with this joy thread.

Thanks mate, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] that itself is another thing I can add! All the best to you today!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #70
Masklinn

Thanks Leonis !
I'm very happy that this thread is working as intended.

I love learning what people are happy for [img]graemlins/docheart.gif[/img]

Share the joy, share it, and feel gooOOOooooOOOooOOOoood.

[img]graemlins/nicekitty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nibbles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]