Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

You know the people I'm talking about, the ones that drive down the road with a little rat dog on their lap, front paws up on the wheel or on the drivers door. Do you honestly think this is safe, people? Where is your brain? Oh, I forgot you're a 'good' driver, so good in fact that you can drive, shave, talk on the phone, drink a coffee and play with your dog all while speeding down the road in 2 tonnes of steel. How silly of me, not to realize your obvious skills.

I do, however, have one question. How is it, that you can see the road with your head shoved that far up your a$$?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Had a bad day have we?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I always thought it was cute when they did that
Old 02-27-2004, 08:03 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

I suppose it could be considered cute, especially when scraping gray matter off the road of the 12 year old kid that was just hit by someone in an SUV because they were too busy playing with their dog to watch the road. Yes, very cute indeed. I'm sure the parents of the boy will understand, given that fact.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:22 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Some people have been driving the same road for many years that they can drive the road blind folded.

Likewise, I often read newspaper while driving. I didn't pay much attention to the road. nothing happen to me....yet.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Some people have been driving the same road for many years that they can drive the road blind folded.
Well, that makes it okay then.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Animal, I'm guessing an accident just happened right in front of you or something? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 02-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Animal, I'm guessing an accident just happened right in front of you or something? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Perhaps, but whether or not it did, does that make irresponsible behavior behind the wheel any different or is it less important because it doesn't hit home?

I had the privilige too be witness to a 12 year old boy being hit by a Ford Excursion running through a red light at a pedestrian crossing. The boy was dragged a good 50 feet, before the driver realized what had happened. Fortunately the boy was dead when I tried CPR, and all the driver of the SUC could say was "I didn't notice him because my dog was in way."
Old 02-27-2004, 08:51 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Perhaps, but whether or not it did, does that make irresponsible behavior behind the wheel any different or is it less important because it doesn't hit home?

I had the privilige too be witness to a 12 year old boy being hit by a Ford Excursion running through a red light at a pedestrian crossing. The boy was dragged a good 50 feet, before the driver realized what had happened. Fortunately the boy was dead when I tried CPR, and all the driver of the SUC could say was "I didn't notice him because my dog was in way."
[/QUOTE]What a f**kin idiot (the driver)! Now I understand why you're so pissed off. Kakero, you're asking for trouble mate, and tryina sound 'ard by saying you read the newspaper while driving actually just makes you sound like a fool who doesn't know what they're doing IMO.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #10
Spirits forever

i agree with animal...people shouldn't do stuff like that..i mean most likely someone will get hit sooner or later..