Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2002, 12:28 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I believe you have to save your own Character on your own PC. Only the game and my char. is saved on my server. Am I wrong?

I will not be running the game for a while, so don't try to find me. I will be leaving to lunch now, and don't want to leave the system on. Looks like stormy weather outside. I will post when I have it running again.

[ 07-13-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:43 PM   #32
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Come look at my new system specs.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:24 PM   #33
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

[img]smile.gif[/img] OK ya'll, here's the character I will be playing tonight...

Khili Woodshadow, Level 5, Chaotic Neutral, Female Elven Bard

Equipment: +1 Studded leather armor, +1 longbow, longsword, gloves of the minstrel, amulet of will +1, shield of the watch, and a +1 dagger if she's feeling adventerous [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bard spells: light, daze, resistance, cure minor wounds, cure light wounds, identify, grease, sleep, sound burst, summon creature II, and cure moderate wounds

Her gloves give her a perform skill of 14. Which means her songs will give you the following advantages:
+1 to reflex saves, +2 to damage rolls, +1 to fortitude saves, +1 to will saves, +1 to attack rolls

[img]tongue.gif[/img] Now everybody be happy.

[ 07-13-2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 03:55 PM   #34
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Still no real progress overcoming my connection problems so it is unlikely I'll be able to join you guys tonight. I have a ranger, a barbarian and a druid all between levels 3-5 and should I be able to fully connect into the game tonight I'll come in with one of these characters.

I'm working up a cleric, but he's not ready for primetime yet [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[ 07-13-2002, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 05:20 PM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am currently leaning over a puddle of Colonial Maple floor stain and typing this! My chair was destroying my floor, so I went out and bought some touch-up stain. It takes a while to dry. I will apply the poly-coat later this week.

Does anybody want me to turn the server on?

Can anybody tell me how you can save your chars. on my game? I am assuming that only the multiplayer default chars. could be save on my PC...but if you know how to save your own Local chars. in my PC...let me know!
Old 07-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #36
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tried saving the MP game last night but could not [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] Maybe we can discuss this when we start the game... in a few minutes' time!!
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 09:54 PM   #37
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Larry, we should be able to send you the individual character files from the local vault folder in each person's NWN installation directory. You could then simply place the files in the servervault folder on your machine.

It should be a fairly straightforward process.

[ 07-13-2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 02:02 AM   #38
mistral4543

Well, that was fun despite the number of times my sorceress got herself killed [img]tongue.gif[/img] not to mention the [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] jamming of control keys at times.

I hope the rest of you enjoyed yourselves, too. Looking forward to our next session (next week, same time, I presume...)
Old 07-14-2002, 04:18 PM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Despite numerous crashes and other problems, I think we had a great time.

Spree and Bacon were hilariously funny. Some of her dialog was so witty, I will have to remember never to get on her bad side!

Poor Mistral kept getting frozen and casting spells at dead people, I suppose to make sure that they were going to stay down...

Deiter was along side me, hacking and slashing away...following me blindly to both our deaths several times. We were pretty embarrassed when the girls told us that they finished off the half-Orc while we were trying to figure out how to get back to the action from the temple.

Alas! Cyril was unable to see the game, and could not join us. We mourn his loss. Hopefully, one of these "weekly" patches will resolve his problem.

I have invited Sephiroth to be another member of our Guild. All in favor, raise your hand. Any oppose? I see that it is unanamous in the affirmative.

I am thinking about changing my Multi character to a fighter. That seems to be the way I am. Run in, swords flashing, and all that brainless stuff. However, I'd lose my two-weapon ability...and that would be wrong. Larry always dual-wields! Suggestions?

Mistral, my game saved the game layout. As well, my character. The next time that you log on to play, Spree said that you will be prompted to choose whether or not you want to use the saved character that you was playing at the moment of my last save. Ask Spree for specifics on this.

Finally, I am assuming that Saturday the 20th is our next gaming time? shall we start earlier? Later? What?

I am going out of twon possibly Wednesday morning through Friday night. It could change to be Thursday - Saturday afternoon. I am not sure. I will keep you posted this week.

Please feel free to post your comments, questions, and concerns here.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:31 PM   #40
mistral4543

I don't really see a problem with dual-wielding as a fighter, Larry. You just have to pick the two-weapon fighting feat.

I got so hooked on multi- that last night (morning to you folks), I even gatecrashed others' games... but silly me, what could I expect? It was nowhere close to being as wonderfully enjoyable as our session yesterday [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then I tried solo-ing as an elven fighter through the prelude and boy, I think I only had to consume 2 potions of cure light wounds without taking any rest in between I tell you, I was pretty impressed by what my character was capable of

So is everyone else going to change their characters for the game? I have a suggestion... shall we start from scratch again? ~Ducks flying furniture and rotten food~ I don't mind going through that again, cos it's you lovely people But I'm really fine if we just continue from where we were.

Lastly, anyone thinking my sorceress is not helpful/useful (alright now, own up! Admit it, even I found her redundant [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I probably should practise casting spells real-time so I can react fast enough and not waste them on carcasses and corpses [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Either that, or I switch classes to a hacking machine too [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] What do you all think??