Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 11:32 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I finished my third pass through the game, this time playing D3D Accelerated. I did notice a interesting anomaly in the graphics in the Pyramid. If you play in Software mode, G'Ezzered Ra appears with his chest torn open and his robe stained with blood, chained to the wall near the Urn of Black Fire. If you play in D3D mode...he's intact. His robe's not stained, not even torn, and it looks just like he's standing there with his arms upraised.

What gives? Did the D3D mode make it look so graphic that HPI "chickened out" and put in a less offensive graphic for the accelerated mode? (Believe me, I'm fine with that...I didn't finish one of the dungeons in MM6 because of the extreme graphic content which sickened me). I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this and knows a reason for it(any inside scuttlebutt would be appreciated!)

Well, that's mark #3 on the old cane. Now I got to decide, do I want to try it again, or do I need to get a life?

Have fun!
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 02:40 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This is a very good life, Saz!!

Congrats on round 3!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 06:10 PM   #3
Pascha

Sazerac, which dungeon in MM6 did sicken you that much (by the way I rate MM6 the best of them all if you discount the old classic Master of Magic).
What makes me rather sick is the tendency of RPG games to force you to bash up nacked female characters (vide Diablo, Diablo II), here there are the nymphs and equivalent - I did not see such a sexist bias in any of the MMs and their by-products.
And yes, before I play a third round of WW (the second to be completed) I will replay MM6 (and perhaps MM8 & MM7), the 3 (reasonably) modern RPGs I rate higher than WW - you have far more freedom of choice where to go there & in which order to play what ....
Old 02-24-2001, 10:28 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Wyv! I probably will play through again, but I may take a few days breather. I'll still be around here, though!

Pascha, like you, I really enjoyed the last MM's (except for 8, which I hated cordially). The one in MM6 that sickened me was the one with the werewolves. I never did finish it; after going into one of the chambers, it so grossed me out that I teleported out of there and said "to he** with it, I've got enough experience yet." That was the only dungeon in any RPG I never had the stomach to finish, and the only one I ever had trouble with in any of the MM's. The rest of the game was great, except for the tendency to turn to Sci-Fi and use those stupid blasters...

I'm with you about the sexist tendency in most RPG's; (the nymphs were downplayed, actually, in this game, or it may be that they so annoyed me with their prattle that I didn't notice the topless bit until much later). Strange that you never fight any naked men with their dinks hanging out; of course, that would be against the wishes of their target audience, wouldn't it? Oh, well!

Thanks for your comments. I take it no one else has seen the anomaly I mentioned.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote