Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
D*Ranged

The game is like...well, something half-baked...it could've been sooooo much better if it handled combat, flexibility and bugs better...it's basically a hack 'n' slash fest with an OK storyline... I'm playing an archer type character and she's having a rough time killing anything from a distance...thanks god there's no penalty for melee range combat with it!

It does have its good side though.
An interesting alternate European Renaissance era
And the concept of spirits

They are the redeeming qualities... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 02:18 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The game is good while you are still in the first city and the near surrounding areas. After that it's nothing but hack and slash. While I kinda like the hack and slash part at first, the extreme difficulties of the monsters you will face plus they come in numbers totally ruin the game for me.

Also, you can tell that the game is rushed and isn't well tested enough.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:44 AM   #3
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
The game is good while you are still in the first city and the near surrounding areas. After that it's nothing but hack and slash. While I kinda like the hack and slash part at first, the extreme difficulties of the monsters you will face plus they come in numbers totally ruin the game for me.

Also, you can tell that the game is rushed and isn't well tested enough.
OMFG now that's bad.

Yeah, I agree with you about the game being rushed...Perhaps patches may remedy some of the problems in the game to a degree...hopefully... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

mmmm...yes.. Didn't realise that a patch for the game is already out. did you try it? what did it fix?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What on earth did the developers thinkhing? After BG II and all the goodies came this game. More luck next time! Some parts are good but I don`t like it that much to play it another time.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:10 AM   #6
the mighty stamar

You know its a lot like a BG game to me.

Or icewind dale or planescape torment. Its made with high quality. Good voice acting good graphic art.

Only one character though.

However it ends after the first city. There is a story, its well written. There is quality. A whole demon thing alternate reality pantheon. A lot like the first city in icewind dale size and length, or the first city in planescape torment. Theres a dungeon some shop keepers and some quests....

And then, after the first chapter, throw that all out the window. Kill this this and this, the end. None of it mattered or is heard from again...
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, i thought it was quite entertaining. Not like BG, but then again... which game is ?