Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #191
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ZFR...I edited your second game post to remove your signature from the game.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #192
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Sorry about that. I'll remember to have it off.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #193
ZFR
Legion Symbol

How much money should I deduct for my meal in the tavern?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #194
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
How much money should I deduct for my meal in the tavern?
Depends on how much you ate, I guess.

*A normal-sized meal would be 5gp/plate, and that comes with 2 drinks. Any further drinks would be 2gp/drink. Remember the tip to the waitress and cook!

I just now made all that up. Nobody has had reason to ask until now. heh. If I am wrong, one of the other guys will correct me.

[ 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-24-2006, 08:11 PM   #195
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Right... lets assume 5 gp and few coppers for tip...

ughhh, I had no idea about how much what costs and just took 14 GP because thought that to be enough... now I see it is very little...
Old 05-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #196
dplax
Jack Burton

5 gp seems just a bit too much to me, Larry, unless the tavern is an expensive establishment, for according to the 3rd ed player's manual, a cow cost 10 gp.

ZFR, sorry about Vindson being grumpy, but well...he's still half-drunk.

[ 05-24-2006, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #197
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Then let's forget the cost of food. It is so unimportant that I do not want to keep up with it. Let us consider the cost paid for and your gold remains at its current worth.

As Cyril mentioned to me just now on MSN, all players are considered having enough gold for such mundane things without keeping accounting books on them. A seventh-level dwarf will have enough money to pay for his basic needs, and only be charged a "price" by either Oley or Vindson if they deem it worth their time to do so, the service rendered is considerable enough or the purchase important enough to be considered more than trivial.

Sound good?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #198
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sever, and everyone else...

Lockesville is a spin-off of Lord of the Forums, and was originally created as a place to connect to the main game when Cyril and I decided to do so. It was a place for new players to get their feet wet in a game that had a huge history, but that a new town could help new players feel comfortable without needing to understand all the back-story.

The town of Lockesville is about four days West of the town where the One-Eyed Wolf Tavern is located. The One-Eyed Wolf Tavern is a tavern from the first-ever game on Ironworks where Mistral, Spree, Deiter and I were gaming in. This tavern is located in the Baulder's Gate replica of Amn. It is loosely similar, but with many differences that we took liberties with. No other surrounding areas come from BG. At this time, Amn is the largest "named" city in Lord of the Forums, and therefore it is also the largest named city in Lockesville...for we are using the same map.

I do not think that Sever would come from Amn, however. Too much history of LoF and OEW would have to be understood by you for it to work. Therefore, I will grant you the job of making reference to a new city in the game. If I remember, you came by ship. PM me some information on the city you come from and I will map it into our game.

It looks like we will have a new area being added to our map. Be careful not to describe the land...just the city. We'll work together and place it in a good spot.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #199
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

If I can attach a quick rider to Larry's statement:

Try to avoid using something from the Forgotten Realms as your location. This is a unique gameworld that makes use of elements of different settings and sytsems (much like IW itself) and we'd like to minimize dependence on any specific setting.

Second, keep in mind that specific mapping of the area is not a straightforward process as we have many areas that cannot be easily mapped in relation to the OEW or to Lockesville. It will be much better to simply indicate general directions of travel and to indicate distances as long or short than to attempt specific distances. Rememnber the setting of the games is the world of the Forums and that does not translate easily to traditional mapping.

Larry, we need to keep in mind that the OEW is not the only point of reference to things in the game and it is far from being the most important.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #200
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver changed one memorized spell before resting. Do we have to inform you of our spells Larry, or do we keep track of those ourselves?

And one more thing, seeing what you wrote in the post above, are the referneces to locations in my biography okay?