Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2003, 04:50 AM   #1
the mighty stamar

Ok I just recently beat the game.

I noticed something strange. When you enter the last building xray shows a green dot directly over its entrance, on the roof. It shows another green dot at the cosmic circle which is your friend the gargoyle.

But the green dot over the entrance to the building there is no way to reach...

Or is there? And who or what is this mysterious green dot?

My theory is that it is Vi Dominia. The final scene has lots of mentions of Vi and they wanted to have her sneak up to the party before the last fight. However the designers decided at the last minute to remove the path there? Thats just a theory.

Is there any way to check? What do you think it is?
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

err..isn't that the strange guy whom dark savant kill in one blow?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I think that may be the messenger robot that you meet in the monastery at the start of the game.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #4
the mighty stamar

No the savant and thesallus or whatever are Yellow dots inside the cosmic circle. The other green dot is just there standing.

It is possible that it is also phoozlang and he teleports over for that particular ending? Im not sure myself. Im suprised none of you noticed it before. I know Im not the only one who has wondered about it cause I just brought it up on antother forum.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:00 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

couldn't be phoonzang because phoonzang will only appear after you choose an option.

could it be one of the previous gods that decided to stay in the cosmic circle?

[ 03-23-2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 03-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

You mean the green dot that appears to be inside the pylon just to the left of the steps to the main cosmic circle building, right? I asked that question a year ago, and no one seemed to know the answer. I was excited when I saw your post, but I guess nobody's figured it out yet. The first time around I was kind of hoping it would be Jan-et (sp?), whom I was disturbed to see killed in such an off-hand way, as she was such a memorable character from Wiz7. But I was wrong. As an additional little piece of evidence, in my latest play-through, the dot was red! But the only difference in my faction ratings from previously was that this time I did NOT alienate the T'Rang. So no new red factions, but one extra green faction from previously. What could that mean with respect to the mystery dot?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:34 PM   #7
the mighty stamar

WEll I was hoping someone had heard too lol.

Like is there any sort of conversation tree editor they can look up if theres conversation that didnt come up in regular conversation.

That is the first mention of the green dot being red ive ever heard. If it were red, you could press begin combat and then cast a spell like pandemonium when you were near it and perhaps it would reveal the creatures name?
What that suggests... well there are creatures in the game that are their own faction and are not listed in factions. Al sexudus and the don are examples. You can kill the don but you dont alienate the ratkuza elite unless you kill his right hand man.

Well anyway, what it suggests is that the green dot is a replication of a factionless character you met and killed earlier in the game? The gaurds of the Trang are actually an example of this so there is an outside chance that it is a Trang guard as strange as that sounds, and it makes it sound more like just a bug.

However I would be interested in knowing which factions will turn vi domina hositle to you... none that i recall... but maybe there is one.

[ 03-24-2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 03-24-2003, 11:08 PM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

If it's red, I can attack it. Brilliant! How come I couldn't think of that? I'll report back...
Old 03-24-2003, 11:12 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, Vi Domina race used to be the Higardi. does making the higardi hostile will make Vi hostile too? Someone need to test this.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:18 AM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Alas! combat didn't help. I initiate combat, cast spells, but nothing affects our friend Dot, and the combat terminates "Nothing to fight."

As for who it could be... I'm pretty sure it's not Vi. I'm playing in my glitch game, where the final cut-scene didn't initiate, so I can play after defeating the savant. I have both Vi's and they're both green. And I'm still friendly with all the people I'm supposed to be friendly with (in the straight and narrow game), and I'm still green with both the umpani and t'rang. I've killed don barlone, but I did that in my last game too, and the Dotty was green in that game. The only difference I can think of between my last game where Dot was green, and this one where she's red, is that in the previous game I didn't get the t'rang-umpani alliance, and therefore no away camp. In my red-Dot game I did. But I'm not sure how that makes a difference, because in both games I was hostile with all rapax (templar and common) by the time I got to the cosmic circle.

I'm getting resigned to the fact that Dotty is either a glitch, or an unfinished plot thread that was abandoned in development. Sigh...