Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 11:07 PM   #1
maxpower

So after a bout of flu I finally got round to the pyramid yesterday. After deciding I couldn't be assed to go back to the serpent temple for the book of fire and therefore going without Zen Master, I was going to settle for a valk as a second choice. As it turns out when the time came I couldn't be assed to go back to the temple for that either and pressed on to my finnale with Cet. So here I am facing the big yin, the throws a firestorm at me and I start hacking away with my first two characters (having the mavin and the lich's staff) and the other 4 are ready with healing spells for the gory battle ahead. So after the first firestorm two of my clan are in need of restore health (not even in the red, but best to repair when you can). So I hack and hack and hack. Whats Cet doing telling me how Im not gonna kill him and hes gonna use my body to become mortal or something. So im hacking not hes down to the red he throws one last firestorm and I finnish him off.

Does that sound boring to you, it was to me. Well not so much boring but not what I had expected. I was prepeared for much more magic from him. The magic 4 where there with resurect scrolls and stone to flesh potion, because I was expecting this battle to take about an hour and to be short on mana.

Although I loved the end of the game (im a stats fan, so the high EP's there was kewl for that). But Cet and the pyramid was a disapointment. I may have over done things by using the cheats and having my characters to strong, but wouldn't it be good if the game could match your foes to your ability. So the stronger you are the harder they are to defeat (just making there HP a multiple of your strongest man would work). Anyway just a thought.

For me the hardest part of the game must have been the begining of the serpent temple to the amazon mantraps. As has been said before at this point in the game you are not of a level to be able to easly master these things, well not the first time through anyways.

I was going to play again with one character but im not so sure if I want to now, it seems the beginning of the game would be hard with one man but with the EP he will get hes gonne be pretty tough by the mantraps again so that may still make for an easy ending.

My only other thought was to do the game with out using any cheats, but im not sure if I have the will power for that.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the ending more interesting but still be able to use the cheats.

P.S. whats this valkyrie about as far as I can see all my female Oomphaz got was the abiltiy to learn stone magic, no new traits or skills where offered anywhere..?? is this the same for Zenmaster..?? if so whats the point in even bothering with them even if they where earlier in the game. You could have made 2 wizards up to the same skills and levels by that time.

Sorry if I rambled but wyvern asked for more posts....lol...so don't blame me.

Last but not least a big thankyou to everyone here that helped me during my times of brain loss. Those that I can remember quickly are Wyvern, Sazerac, Moni, Lily the Ranger, Lord Roberts and Xignal for hes great walkthroughs...if I have missed anyone I'm sorry but its hard to remember everyone who helped out.
Old 02-08-2001, 11:26 PM   #2
Sardaukar
Welcomed New User

When I first played with 6 characters the worst thing Cet did was cast Firestorm and get my rattling Assasin into red. After that he was toast. On the other hand when I tried fighting Anephas and he cast a Firestorm all but one of my warlocks died. I had to use the Amulet of Life to bring them back. Also Anephas gives twice as much experience as Cet.

This is my second time playing the game and does anyone know how to get Heroic Legacy?
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 12:17 AM   #3
maxpower

Ye thinking about it when I accidently had a battle with G'ezzerd Ra in skull castle, he gave me the kind of battle that I thought I would get from Cet he was using vanish all the time so he was hard to get and he was summoning fiends all the time as well as dishing out lots of poison. this would have been the battle to have at the end, or at least the right kind of battle.
Old 02-09-2001, 03:02 AM   #4
Lord Roberts

Well I guess I'll put my two cents in.

I to found the end of the game boring, And like Maxpower, found the Lich more of a challenge. And the mantraps did more damage to me then Cet ever did. I found that once I had all my Armour enchanted with fire protection I had no problems. The lave I walked on did more damage to me then Cet.

But I will be BACK. ( Score to settle with Mantraps!!!! )

Rob
Old 02-09-2001, 06:37 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

There must be a virus in this game: everybody got the flu at this forum!
I provided myself with some extra challenge by not selling anything during the adventure. That way there's too little money to train a lot, nor to enchant much.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote