Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #31
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I want to live on some far away world, where no one else is, so that no matter what idid said or anything else, no one would see it and thank i was insane. sound crazy to you?
Old 04-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #32
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I would like to live on a secluded island in the middle of nowhere, with cable connection of course. Plenty of beaches and no stress. The last part is by far the most important.
Sounds like Australia. Life's a beach then you surf.

I'm planning for my retirement now (25 to go) It will involve buying a property of say 100 acres or so, up in northern NSW or Queensland, about 1/2 an hour from the beach. Near a small village or town where everyone knows you. And about an hours drive from a very big town with all the modern things a guy would want. Bike repair shop, Computer shop, Sports shop ect, you know just the essential things.

The property will have horses, and plenty of damaged land where I can spend my time replanting trees and creating an environment for the local wildlife and eventually leave a small area of paradise to my children or the local community.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-27-2003, 06:41 PM   #33
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
Well, if language and money wern't issues, I'd probably go someplace in Austria.
I'm not one for correcting spelling mistakes but it is spelt AUSTRALIA

now write it out a thousand times... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Just why would the language be an issue if he moves from one english-speaking nation to another? He meant Austria, as in one of Germanys neighbouring countries, not that big island in the south.
[/QUOTE]Sarcasm is not the lowest form of humor, just an obscure artform
[/QUOTE]Oh, I see... Sarcasm that's so subtle that it might as well not be recognized as such by outsiders, is the best kind
Old 04-27-2003, 08:16 PM   #34
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd live in Aussie or NZ somewhere. I can think of no place better to live where I'd be surrounded by hot guys with hot accents
Old 04-27-2003, 10:54 PM   #35
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have been to Europe several times, and I think I would like to live somewhere in Europe. Not particular about where in Europe. I have liked every country I have visited.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-28-2003, 03:17 AM   #36
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Oh, I see... Sarcasm that's so subtle that it might as well not be recognized as such by outsiders, is the best kind
Well Rataxes I sometimes miss out when someone is being sarcastic, In fact to my embarrasment it happened a few day ago with Vaskez. But a few clues where there, the [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] at the top of the post and the [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Also are you trying to say that I would not know where Austria is? and that I would not know it existed? Maybe you are not but for everyones info I have visited that country twice and it is sensational, great sceneary and people. If I lived in Europe outside of Netherlands it would be Austria or Bavaria I would choose.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-28-2003, 11:26 AM   #37
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Oh, I see... Sarcasm that's so subtle that it might as well not be recognized as such by outsiders, is the best kind
Well Rataxes I sometimes miss out when someone is being sarcastic, In fact to my embarrasment it happened a few day ago with Vaskez. But a few clues where there, the [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] at the top of the post and the [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Also are you trying to say that I would not know where Austria is? and that I would not know it existed? Maybe you are not but for everyones info I have visited that country twice and it is sensational, great sceneary and people. If I lived in Europe outside of Netherlands it would be Austria or Bavaria I would choose.
[/QUOTE]Missed the top smiley, rarely note those, but that was a good hint I'll have to say [img]smile.gif[/img] , the bottom smiley less so since it came at the end of a more obvious joke.

Austria and Australia are two of the most commonly mixed up countries in the world, even more so than Switzerland and Sweden That one is often spelled wrong to the degree that it looks more like the other, and vice versa, naturally doesn't help. So yes, I assumed you had made the same mistake, it's not like you don't see that kind of thing often for real I don't know you or what you know, so knowing whether you'd be likely to make that mistake or not, is a bit difficult as well...

[ 04-28-2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

Don't worry Wellard... the long years of training I went through for Donut's "subtitled" posts made it immediately obvious to me that you were being sarcastic.

As for where I'd like to live? I quite like the Netherlands but wouldn't mind living in an English-speaking country. Ireland and Greece are my favourite holiday destinations, wouldn't mind having a second house there
Old 04-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #39
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A cabin somewhere out here.

This is Blodgett canyon in the Bitteroot valley, Montana. Lady Aberdene's maiden name is Blodgett. Her family named it in the late 1900's after settling there. Pretty cool huh?