Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 07:00 PM   #31
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by purre:
quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
I will say that being polite and honest are the best ways. It is better to give a reason than not offer an explanation because if you don't give a reason than they may think they did something wrong and be forever wondering what it was so they don't make the same mistake again.
I told to him that the reason was that he wanted to move on too fast.[/QUOTE]I really don't see why he would be so upset, you have done absolutely nothing wrong. It makes me feel like he has alterior motives or goals and he isn't concerned about yours.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #32
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
How hard can it be to just say no, or get lost ? It's nice of you that you don't want to hurt his feelings, but make sure your own feelings don't get hurt first. You said you already were involved with him once, and you don't want him anymore... well, just tell him that.
Thanks for advice Johnny,if he still bothers me I will tell him that.But about getting feelings hurt,that might be a bit too late on my part.[/QUOTE]Do you mean he hurt your feelings before ? If that's the case you have all the more reason to get rid of him in a less friendly way. This is not really an advice, but when someone bothers you and you don't have any feelings for that person, make it clear. All it takes is a few words. You can do it politely, or rude, that's completely up to you. Just deal with it.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #33
purre
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
I really don't see why he would be so upset, you have done absolutely nothing wrong. It makes me feel like he has alterior motives or goals and he isn't concerned about yours.
Well,I cant answer to that,he didnt mention any special motives or such.He just was angry and upset after I told him.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:08 PM   #34
purre
Banned

Quote:
Do you mean he hurt your feelings before ? If that's the case you have all the more reason to get rid of him in a less friendly way. This is not really an advice, but when someone bothers you and you don't have any feelings for that person, make it clear. All it takes is a few words. You can do it politely, or rude, that's completely up to you. Just deal with it.
Well,this is quite embaressing,but he wanted me to look different..I mean..lose weight,I weight 52kg and he was always telling how much happier he would be if I weighted 49kg.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #35
Charean
Hathor

Question Mark

I am so glad you broke it off with this guy!!

There is little that is so demeaning as someone who wants to change you!

Just my thoughts here, but you are one of the nicest and most compassionate people I have ever seen on this board! He is a goon.

I hope you find a man who treats you like a princess. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 07:20 PM   #36
purre
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I am so glad you broke it off with this guy!!

There is little that is so demeaning as someone who wants to change you!

Just my thoughts here, but you are one of the nicest and most compassionate people I have ever seen on this board! He is a goon.

I hope you find a man who treats you like a princess. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thank you again for what you said,you have made me feel much better [img]smile.gif[/img]
If there is anything anyone has on their mind,I am always ready to help,as you have helped me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 07:23 PM   #37
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Do you mean he hurt your feelings before ? If that's the case you have all the more reason to get rid of him in a less friendly way. This is not really an advice, but when someone bothers you and you don't have any feelings for that person, make it clear. All it takes is a few words. You can do it politely, or rude, that's completely up to you. Just deal with it.
Well,this is quite embaressing,but he wanted me to look different..I mean..lose weight,I weight 52kg and he was always telling how much happier he would be if I weighted 49kg.[/QUOTE]Are you serious about this ? What difference would those friggin 3 kilo's make ? I think you're probably better off without him.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #38
purre
Banned

Quote:
Are you serious about this ? What difference would those friggin 3 kilo's make ? I think you're probably better off without him.
Oh,very serious.He explained something about these weight/height lines (or limits) and 49kg would have been the right weight for my height..or something like that. (my height is 155cm)
Old 11-22-2002, 07:45 PM   #39
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Are you serious about this ? What difference would those friggin 3 kilo's make ? I think you're probably better off without him.
Oh,very serious.He explained something about these weight/height lines (or limits) and 49kg would have been the right weight for my height..or something like that. (my height is 155cm)[/QUOTE]Sounds like he has some issues. Move on Purre, have fun and do what YOU want, don't take guys like this serious.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:51 PM   #40
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Glad that you managed to get what you wanted in the end [img]smile.gif[/img] It's always harder if you're soft-hearted or wanting to keep things pleasant