Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #251
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Increadible and highly unlikely, but Ill accept his word and mention that he might possibly want to notify the Guiness people.

I personally have never met a human who has never raised his voice. But that only speaks to my own limitations
Oh real nice, so you doubt a parents word now because you dont agree with it?
Maybe because it reflects badly on you?
[/QUOTE]So now you want to tell me what I mean by what I say? You too should contact Guiness about that telepathy of yours. I didnt say I didnt believe him at all my woreds were "Ill accept his word" Then I commented on people I had met...so quit twisting the words and leave the meaning of my words as they are thank you very much.

I do not mind you disagreeing with me, but when you start to use lies and putting words in peoples mouths, thats where I draw the line. And I would HOPE the Moderators will keep this sort of thing to a minimum.

[ 05-17-2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-17-2002, 07:02 PM   #252
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

Another thought. No parent is ever perfect. And it does not matter.
I had to point out this bit... I totally agree, I absolutely hate the old defense of 'Mother/ parents know best.'
Like Magik said, everyone is irrational- at least at times- and no parents are some omnipotent, omniscient being who always knows what to do.
Now I can see that many times they want me to do something and automatically assume they know best in every subject.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #253
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Yorick, I have to say that it has been my good fortune that my relationship with Brittany and Bryce has worked out that way. I never raise my voice to them in anger, nor do I ever even broach a subject when I am upset, I tell them we will talk about it when I am in the right frame of mind. That in itself provokes a response in them which makes them very unhappy and they come to me asking "Daddy, are you mad at me/us"? Once I have cooled down if I do get angry, I am able to tell them that, "No, I am not angry with you, my anger was with myself because my own emotions were not under proper control and I wasn't thinking as clearly as I should have been, but I am disappointed and perhaps even a little frustrated". That in itself is enough to make them consider their own behavior when inappropriate and we talk it out from there. My children are treasures and I see trememdous growth in them. The seek to resolve their own problems calmly and thoughtfully and rarely ever resort to violence. It also ehnances their self worth, and neither of them will seek out or tolerate peers who are violent or abusive. They want to have healthy lives as much as I want them to have them. . I am so blessed.
Incredible.

They are as blessed as you Relic. If not more so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Increadible and highly unlikely, but Ill accept his word and mention that he might possibly want to notify the Guiness people.

I personally have never met a human who has never raised his voice. But that only speaks to my own limitations
[/QUOTE]Hey c'mon MagiK I wrote earlier of a man who treated his son similarly.

From all I've read of Relic, he has always shown himself to be balanced, self-controlled, respectful and devoted to his children. This rings true with what I've read over the last 2 years or so. Let's not call into question the honesty of those decent among us.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-17-2002, 07:05 PM   #254
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
quote:

I had to point out this bit... I totally agree, I absolutely hate the old defense of 'Mother/ parents know best.'
Like Magik said, everyone is irrational- at least at times- and no parents are some omnipotent, omniscient being who always knows what to do.
Now I can see that many times they want me to do something and automatically assume they know best in every subject.
[/QUOTE]That is soooo true...and yes I do know Im not the perfect parent...Id like ot meet one some day.....But Im pretty sure they do not exist, its not like there is a manual that comes with each baby.

Old 05-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #255
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
So its not ok to smack your kids when your angry. Do you have to wait until your happy to spank them? Perhaps institute a series of random spankings at random times and random severity just to "keep them on their toes"? After all they have to have done SOMETHING wrong at some point.
What the hell are you talking about?

LOA if you want to contribbute meaningful dialog you are welcome but the mods have asked that the troll behaviour be checked at the door..please do so.

You have obviously just chosen to attack my point of view and only used a very tiny piece of it to do so.
[/QUOTE]I guess I should point out how you disparage any opinion but your own. So yea I made fun of you. You post purely to argue and are unwilling to look at any side of the arguement except yours. Why do you do that? I'd really like to know. Why start an arguemnt if your completely unwilling to be flexible and admit someone had a good point? On this I'm not refering to this thread in particular but in a lot of your posts. Most of the time all I see you doing is argueing. Whats up with that?
Old 05-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #256
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Another thought. No parent is ever perfect. And it does not matter. Because whatever mistakes we may make, if we put in his/her upbringing all the love and all the responsibility we have inside us, the child knows it and behaves accordingly. IMHO, the only thing a child needs to grow into a full human being is feeling secure in the love and approval and care of his parents and the people who love him. [img]smile.gif[/img] If he has got that, he will be free to grow.
You sage you...

Old 05-17-2002, 07:07 PM   #257
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Yorick, I have to say that it has been my good fortune that my relationship with Brittany and Bryce has worked out that way. I never raise my voice to them in anger, nor do I ever even broach a subject when I am upset, I tell them we will talk about it when I am in the right frame of mind. That in itself provokes a response in them which makes them very unhappy and they come to me asking "Daddy, are you mad at me/us"? Once I have cooled down if I do get angry, I am able to tell them that, "No, I am not angry with you, my anger was with myself because my own emotions were not under proper control and I wasn't thinking as clearly as I should have been, but I am disappointed and perhaps even a little frustrated". That in itself is enough to make them consider their own behavior when inappropriate and we talk it out from there. My children are treasures and I see trememdous growth in them. The seek to resolve their own problems calmly and thoughtfully and rarely ever resort to violence. It also ehnances their self worth, and neither of them will seek out or tolerate peers who are violent or abusive. They want to have healthy lives as much as I want them to have them. . I am so blessed.
Incredible.

They are as blessed as you Relic. If not more so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Increadible and highly unlikely, but Ill accept his word and mention that he might possibly want to notify the Guiness people.

[/QUOTE]Hey c'mon MagiK I wrote earlier of a man who treated his son similarly.

From all I've read of Relic, he has always shown himself to be balanced, self-controlled, respectful and devoted to his children. This rings true with what I've read over the last 2 years or so. Let's not call into question the honesty of those decent among us.
[/QUOTE]yes I know you did [img]smile.gif[/img] but you were not claiming to be this saintly person. And I never said that Relic wasn't just that it was very hard to believe and that Id take his word for it...and then commented on the fact that I personally have never met someone who had never raised their voice....again...my limitation not his.

Old 05-17-2002, 07:10 PM   #258
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
quote:

[/QUOTE]That is soooo true...and yes I do know Im not the perfect parent...Id like ot meet one some day.....But Im pretty sure they do not exist, its not like there is a manual that comes with each baby.
[/QUOTE]No, there is no manual, but there are various books on the subject. Plus various support groups, religious ones and otherwise.

One popular book many years ago had a disasterous impact. The name of the book slips my mind.....

Old 05-17-2002, 07:16 PM   #259
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
You sage you...
Awww [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ... you sage you yourself ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2002, 07:20 PM   #260
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Relic you are a good father, and Brittany and Bryce will benefit from that their entire lives. [img]smile.gif[/img] Am I considered too old for you to adopt me? j/k!
Me too ! Me too ! Wanna be adopted too !