Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 12:10 AM   #1
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm sorry if I am ripping open a new wound, but I have to ask this!!!!!

Whas Dio sticking up for Jake??????!!!!!

Referring to the earlier thread Attn: Jake

I wonder how they would act if it were their family members and countrymen. If it was, I feal sorry for them in their lack of compassion! You can lock this, but I just have to say, what kind of SICKO would be happy about this, or stick up for the ones that are?!?!?!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

God Bless America!!!

(I would probally be beaten down in my own country for saying that )
Old 09-13-2001, 12:29 AM   #3
G'kar

Bless America and the rest of the world too, We all have hurts to heal.

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 09-13-2001).]

Old 09-13-2001, 12:41 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I am asking that you all stop this and let it go!

Liliara, I understand you are upset, but it's time to heal our own wounds here at IW. Our community has been rocked by anger and frustration and bitterness. THIS is not the usual way our forum operates. I would like to think that it's a form of temporary madness. Dio apologized there in that thread.. he is as overwhelmed by the latest tragedies as anyone else. I took him to task there and in instant msgr.. you know what? He is pained by those events and tired and said things in ways he didn't quite realize would be taken the way they were. So again.. let it go, please.

To all of you who read this:

Please try and control any anger you may feel - your fellow forum members should NOT be the targets. We are all deeply moved by the attacks here.. even our members from other countries feel for us in our time of sorrow. We are in mourning for thousands of innocents, and that grief has manifested some shock and then anger. This is a normal part of any grieving process and I ask that you remember, your fellow forum members are not to blame... and they feel as badly...some cannot express it as well as others. Let's not tear ourselves apart while we grieve.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-13-2001, 12:48 AM   #5
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Liliara, I understand you are upset, but it's time to heal our own wounds here at IW. Our community has been rocked by anger and frustration and bitterness. THIS is not the usual way our forum operates. I would like to think that it's a form of temporary madness. Dio apologized there in that thread.. he is as overwhelmed by the latest tragedies as anyone else. I took him to task there and in instant msgr.. you know what? He is pained by those events and tired and said things in ways he didn't quite realize would be taken the way they were. So again.. let it go, please.

Please try and control any anger you may feel - your fellow forum members should NOT be the targets. We are all deeply moved by the attacks here.. even our members from other countries feel for us in our time of sorrow. We are in mourning for thousands of innocents, and that grief has manifested some shock and then anger. This is a normal part of any grieving process and I ask that you remember, your fellow forum members are not to blame... and they feel as badly...some cannot express it as well as others. Let's not tear ourselves apart while we grieve.

Cloudy

I just love it when you CLOUD UP AND RAIN

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-13-2001, 12:53 AM   #6
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I'm sorry if I am ripping open a new wound, but I have to ask this!!!!!

Whas Dio sticking up for Jake??????!!!!!

Referring to the earlier thread Attn: Jake

I wonder how they would act if it were their family members and countrymen. If it was, I feal sorry for them in their lack of compassion! You can lock this, but I just have to say, what kind of SICKO would be happy about this, or stick up for the ones that are?!?!?!

Did you bother to read my comments in that thread at all before posting this? Apparently not.

Anyway, as Cloudy says, enough is enough. Thanks, Cloudy
Old 09-13-2001, 12:54 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
I just love it when you CLOUD UP AND RAIN
Now THAT is like our old selves! John! You are a peach.. and I love the things you've posted to take our minds off our woes!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-13-2001, 12:57 AM   #8
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Cloudy

Sorry CLOUDY! Didn't mean to anger you!!!!!!

Of COURSE I know that no one here is to blame! Please excuse me for wanting to have MY OWN OPINION!!!! I am not here during the usual hours! This means I have to catch up on things behind everyone else!

By the way, should I stop my feelings on a comment someone makes simply because you don't approve? I also placed an apology at the beginning of my statement. When you saw this, if you didn't want to become upset, you shouldn't have read further.

I AM allowed last time I checked to express my displeasure at statements as long as I don't flame!

------------------

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:59 AM   #9
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I am happy you apologized Dio, but I am still entitled to my opinion. Aren't I?

------------------

LH Member

Old 09-13-2001, 01:05 AM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Of course you are entitled to an opinion.

I think the only reason that Cloudy posted that was because everybody is trying to let the issue be forgotten about, and that can't happen when it keeps popping up. I know that there would be no way for you to know about that, so don't take it personally. Jake sucked and we're all over it.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB