Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 11:36 AM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'd have to say the best looking one I have seen IMO is Sazerac's.. I love the cycling colors.. Did you do that in a 3d Program and then applied a texture and then animated the texture? I can make pretty much anything, just haven't... heck, I don't even HAVE a sig.. besides choc!

Wow, Ziroc! I'm flattered. Thanks!

What I did was do a "cutout" of the font. Then I had a repeating tiled background of bright rainbow colors that sort of "bled" into each other. I cropped a section of this that was double the width of the signature. I would then select an area from it that was the width of the sig, and flood-fill the text font with it. I then applied some 3-D effects, a drop shadow, and saved the file. Once it was saved, I undid everything back to the cut-out text level. I would then select the next selection of the rainbow background 30 pixels over, same width, and repeat the process, until it all looped back around.

I used Paint Shop Pro, Eye Candy, and Animation Shop to accomplish the effect. All in all, it took about 20-30 minutes to complete, given me trying out different effects until I finally found what I was looking for.

I appreciate your accolade, Ziroc! If you'd like me to do something similar for you, and if you have a favorite background you'd like animated through the text, let me know and I'd be glad to do one for you (within formum specs, of course! )

Cheers,

Old 06-22-2001, 11:44 AM   #22
Lord Shield

Waaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! Nobody voted Lord Raptor
-sniff-
I vote for Caleb's DOUGH BOY!!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-22-2001, 11:55 AM   #23
Conan

I like everyone's sig! but the one that I like the best is Slackerboys. When I first saw it my reaction was just to watch the lava beasts and try to figure out how he did that. So much talent with all the other sigs, don't get me wrong now. I do like all of them.
Ziroc, I had a Siamese cat that looks just like Chocolate. His name was Soloman! He lived to be 16 only to get hit by a car He was a good boy. Does Chocolate talk to you? Soloman was very smart and answered when he was spoken to.
Conan

Old 06-22-2001, 12:11 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'd have to say the best looking one I have seen IMO is Sazerac's.. I love the cycling colors.. Did you do that in a 3d Program and then applied a texture and then animated the texture? I can make pretty much anything, just haven't... heck, I don't even HAVE a sig.. besides choc!

And what's wrong with Choc? LOL If I HAD to vote it would be for him but then I'm biased.

Cloudy
's number one fan

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-22-2001, 12:26 PM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

I like Slackerboy's sig a lot as well... the colours are well-chosen to go with the elementals.
There are an incredible amount of beautiful sigs around though...
Cloudy's one is a personal favourite as I love pre-Raphaelite paintings, Jabidas' picture is another one, it's scary and attractive at the same time. Moni's one is nice also, Memnoch's, Wah's and Ertai's pictures are great too, the've had them for some time and I really associate the pics with the personalities, they give me a nostalgic feeling. Furthermore, I think Yorick's one is absolutely hilarious, Moridin's pic very pretty and Kiwidoc's a bit icky... those bits of meat flying around look gross...funny pic though
I also love the large pic of Choc, but it's not really a signature...oh what the heck, I'll include it anyway...he's such a pretty cat!
Oh and just to make you feel good I will include Lord Raptor in my list, Lord Shield

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-22-2001).]
Old 06-22-2001, 12:45 PM   #26
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

True Memnoch and Thank You!
I just want to add that Adam Warlock has some great talent as well!
It is his contribution in cool text that makes Lioness' new sig so totally awesome!

Moni

P.S. BladeMaster, Thank you for your vote!
I love that pic in yours!

Well I had to change my sig to meet Ziroc's new rules on sigs. I was looking for a good picture of a Celtic warrior but I was not able to find one. So this one will have to do until I get a scanner.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-22-2001, 01:58 PM   #27
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Well I had to change my sig to meet Ziroc's new rules on sigs. I was looking for a good picture of a Celtic warrior but I was not able to find one. So this one will have to do until I get a scanner.

Well that is absolutely an excellent choice! That pic is awesome!

Moni

So what is the count for votes...more like who is ahead, Caleb? Wah? Ertai?!

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 02:00 PM   #28
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I think, on the whole you all get praised for your efforts.
Whether it's just a simple task of a ready-made, or the complexity of self-creation - you all deserve credit! (+ extra credit for you "Santa's Little Helpers" out there! Moni, slackerboy, Ziroc etc...)
Also I am flattered that you find a 1,000,000 year old lich attractive (just kidding! I love my sig too)

So tough to choose one.
(this might take a while )

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 04:57 PM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Wow, there are so many cool sigs, very difficult to choose just one...I would have to say Memnoch's, Ertai's and Wah's holds a certain sentimental value to me, as they were the first one's I ever saw back in November when I joined the forum. Also, Slackerboy's and Sazerac's I particularly like because of the excellent colors. Yorick's is also cool in that it makes me laugh every time I see it! I also miss Blademaster's original sig. Then, of course, last but not least, can't forget Stealthy's sneaking skeleton, which I hope to see again soon.

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 04:58 PM   #30
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I like Slackerboy's sig a lot as well... the colours are well-chosen to go with the elementals.
Thanks
Sadly though, with the new guidlines they will have to go the way of the buffalo
oh, well you cant stand in the way of progress.

------------------
Lord of the Screen Shot Get My IronWorks Winamp skin