Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 09:32 AM   #1
Moni

Psychiatry 24x7

For anyone suffering from clinical depression and to back up the things I was being attacked for saying (by a Psychiatrist nonetheless) about how adjusting our diets to include iron and B vitamins can make the effects of PMS less intense. Specifically, read the second to the last paragraph, last sentence.

The whole article backs up what I was saying and should be a great help to anyone suffers it or who has been mislead about just how curable depression is.

There are links to symptoms, treatment which includes Phychotherapy, wherein the patient can learn skills to cope with their depression and perhaps develop a more positive outlook on life.

It also lists drugs also used and thier side effects. This part of the article also backs up what I saying about how some people end up on drugs for the rest of their life.

I told you I wasn't talking out my a$$.

My thanks to Rex for sending me this link last night after reading what was posted here at Ironworks.

I really do care,
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-21-2001).]

Old 06-21-2001, 10:15 AM   #2
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
For anyone suffering from clinical depression and to back up the things I was being attacked for saying (by a Psychiatrist nonetheless)
ROFLMFAO. Could you be anymore melodramatic? Kiwidoc was not attacking you! You need to re-read her posts, you attacked her proffession and she retaliated by refuting your claims.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:17 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Moni--
Thank you for that link!

I tried to keep up with the 'discussion' on the PMS thread but got lost somewhere.....One thing I would like to say about this issue is that the cause of my wife's depression was the 8th paragraph last sentence (don't want to get to personal with her issues). Like I said in the PMS thread, my wife has 'dealt' with her depression by a change in diet and by taking vitamins. These do work (I know not for everyone) but why wouldn't people at least try this approach and save themselves the life-long crutch of meds!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:22 AM   #4
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
ROFLMFAO. Could you be anymore melodramatic? Kiwidoc was not attacking you! You need to re-read her posts, you attacked her proffession and she retaliated by refuting your claims.

My statements were taken totally out of context and twisted to implysome totally different meaning. If you go back and read the third page of that thread, you will see where I was able to defend what I said from start to finish. Thank you.

To add, Why yes, I could be more melodramatic about it but why?!

I Really Do Care,
Moni

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 10:26 AM   #5
Moni

Moridin,
Thank you so much!
You are right, if a person can save themselves a lifelong crutch of being on medications, what better solution is there? I know that a simple change in diet may not be the answer for everyone but I can think of none easier (and less expensive) myself and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting in both that thread and this one!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 10:27 AM   #6
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

My statements were taken totally out of context and twisted to implysome totally different meaning. If you go back and read the third page of that thread, you will see where I was able to defend what I said from start to finish. Thank you.

I Really Do Care,
Moni
If you'de like I can read that thread for the fifth time, sure. Your words were not "twisted" they were quoted. Taken out of context is impossible with fact(because fact is fact), you misused your words and kiwidoc called them.

You weren't "attacked"! Kiwidoc refuted your statements with her evidence. If refuting someones claims is an attack then I should be banned for this, and I should be banned on just about every message board on the planet!

This thread, is irrelevent. This post is irrelevent.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:30 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Moni,

Apparently I have missed that thread, but to back you up, I was watching the news just last night and there was information from doctors on there about how changing one's diet can cure many of the symptoms of Incontinence (uncontrollable bladder functions). This tends to be a problem with women more than men, unless men have had prostate problems.

As far as prostate goes, it has also been shown that a diet high in tomatoes or tomato products, along with saw palmetto supplements, can significantly reduce prostate gland dysfunctions, along with prostate cancer. My stepfather has had prostate cancer for 5 years. He has received no cancer treatment, with full knowledge from his doctor, and has used the diet above during that time. The cancer is in full remission. Granted, it was caught in the very early stages. He is 78 years old right now, and expects to live to a much older age.

Diet CAN help in many cases. Thanks for sharing this.

Old 06-21-2001, 10:33 AM   #8
Moni

ShadowStrider,

This thread backs up what I was stating and I would thank you not to dispute it any further or continue posting here if you think it is so irrelevant.

Click on the link and read the information for yourself.

I am not going to fight with you about this either, its moronic to try and take someone's attempt to honestly give people helpful advice and make it into something ugly.

I Really Do Care,
Moni

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 10:34 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I cannot find the thread in question (PMS), was it deleted?

Old 06-21-2001, 10:36 AM   #10
Moni

Sazerac,
Thank you for that added information!

The Thread has not been deleted. It is titled PMS Tongue in Cheek of Course and is near the bottom of the front page.

*HUGS*
Moni

------------------