Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I can't travel from the Shaengarne Bridge to the goblin fortress. I DID NOT prevent the ogres from destoying the bridge. I reported back to Ulbrec, and he said something about the western pass. I was under the impression that even if you fail to prevent the destruction of the bridge, you can still travel to the goblin fortress. Spoil me.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Destruction of the bridge won't stop your game. you can still continue. It's just that saving the bridge will give you experience point.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Da. It's best IMO to save the bridge, but its no really biggie.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
I can't travel from the Shaengarne Bridge to the goblin fortress. I DID NOT prevent the ogres from destoying the bridge. I reported back to Ulbrec, and he said something about the western pass. I was under the impression that even if you fail to prevent the destruction of the bridge, you can still travel to the goblin fortress. Spoil me.
You don't access the fortress via the bridge, if that is what you are asking. The Horde Fortress icon should appear somewhere south of Targos.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:51 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Dummy me. You have to travel to the horde fortress from the Palisade.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You know, the bridge is my favorite scene in the game. I always play solo or duo games without cheese or cheats and I don't rest unlesss the characaters have been up at least 10 hours, so saving it in time is a real challenge. It's really fun.

[ 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 12-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, the bridge is one of the most exciting parts of the game. Your party needs to actually cut through an army to get to the bridge in time. They'll probably get seperated, wounded, run out of spells, etc. Good times.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

That why sometimes evil is more fun--who cares if the bridge is destroyed? You still get paid from the Targos treasury and you didn't have to work quite as hard to earn it.

It's just a shame that the game isn't completely open-ended, that way you could get paid for protecting the city and then sit back and half-heartedly kill creatures after they have destroyed the bridge. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:12 AM   #9
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Better yet, not go the bridge, but camp outside the city, then show up with some nicks and bruises, demand payment, then bugger off lol.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
Yea, the bridge is one of the most exciting parts of the game. Your party needs to actually cut through an army to get to the bridge in time. They'll probably get seperated, wounded, run out of spells, etc. Good times.
Yeah, Shaengarne Bridge is one of the best battles in IWD2, if not all of the IE games. It was great to have a long running battle at such a low level.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote