Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im talking about the level 1 mage spell, shield. It says it gives a +7 deflection bonus. Does this apply only for missles or for all attacks? thanks

Another thing, if i have an unarmoured monk wielding a dagger, does he lose his wis bonus to AC? What if he wields a greatsword?

Do fire and iceshields stack? Do they stack with death armour?

Thx
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

A wizard with Death Armor, Fire Shield Red and Fire Shield Blue, Trollish Fortitude and Tenser's Transformation is the BEST KILLING MACHINE IN THE GAME. Just so you know. So yes, they stack. Monks can not wear any weapons without losing a whole bunch of things like WIS bonus to AC, monk speed and whole lot more. And Shield intercepts all attacks. One of my favorite spells.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Too Darkpark
The Magister

Bozos of Bones,

wouldn't a pair or more of this killing machines fair nicely in Heart of Fury mode? Have you tried it?

i'd also throw in the sunfire spell for good measure.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Everyone needs a good support. Like a party of three, A Fighter 4/Wizard 16, Ranger 1/Rogue 19 and a Cleric 17/Paladin 3 would burn through HoF. Just imagine the C/P walking and slashing with a longsword, massively healing every now and then, the W/F duking it out with a greataxe, and the R/R dropping people around with a Longsword-Shortsword combo. As soon as Tenser's wears off, the mage screams Banshee's Wail(after a level-up), and the thief vanishes into the shadown once again. Cleric casts Holy Word and the battle continues. I'd have put in Sunfire if it weren't for it's effect on the rest of the party. Same goes for Malavon's Rage.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #5
Too Darkpark
The Magister

if you were soloing than the sunfire wouldn't be a problem.

what i do is send out my sorcerer on scouting missions.
he casts ironskins, imp invisibility, and mirror image. with his feats in evocation, greater evocation, and spirit flame, he drops monsters around him like it's going out of style [img]smile.gif[/img]

i've got a party of 6 right now:
fighter4/barbarian8, cleric of tempus, cleric of lathander, rogue 1/wizard 9, sorcerer 11, and sorcerer 11.

i'll take 'em through the normal game and a second time through i'll build a smaller party which i'll take into HOF.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #6
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another Question:

If i had a sorcerer/Druid and cast fire/iceshields and deatharmour before shapechangeing, would they carry over? Can i cast buffs on a shapechanged creature e.g. bull's strength?

Thx
Old 09-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes they would carry over. But buffs will not, because shapechaning is in itself a buff on the first three stats. Only the highest stat buff counts
Old 09-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #8
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thx Bozos of Bones

If i were to cast these damage shields and deatharmour and then cast otilukes resilient sphere on myself, would the mosters continue attacking me? would they take damage from the shields?

Thx
Old 09-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #9
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another Q:

If i have a monk with wisdom 3 who is unarmoured does the negative wisdom affect his AC?

What about a paladin with 3 charisma? Does he get worse saving throws?
Old 09-22-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Nope, it's positive bonus only. But I don't see why would someone skip on something that great.