Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
Cerberus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER

How do I hit this priestes of Auril? I killed Lysra easily enough but I can't even *hit* Caithin. What's the deal?

TIA!

- Cerberus
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Cerberus, she might have cast the spell Sanctuary on herself at the beginning of the fight -- that would prevent you from attacking her effectively until she attacks you in some way [she can cast cures or defensive spells without losing its protection].

Try hitting her with dispel magic and see if that solves your problem. She dropped pretty easily in my fight with her -- but I managed to attack her before she could get any spells off.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I killed all her lackeys, then guzzled potions of healing while my fighters took turns with her. Sounds nasty, don't it? Well...I eventually was able to knock her out with my barbarian's toughness and poisoned hammer of death. Mainly, it is just persistance. I waited until she ran out of tricks. She basically just stood there as she was spent of all power and let me kill her! Or maybe that was a bug...hmmm...
Old 10-16-2002, 12:32 AM   #4
Guinness
The Magister

Caitlin was one of the easier sisters.

"hold her" with one of the many "hold type spells. She will start casting spells at you and such. Stand back and pelt her with the millions of enchanted bolts you should have at this stage of the game. Eventually, the hold spell will go off, but by then she should have exhausted her supply of spells and it should be easy to gang up on her.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:08 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

She was easy for me too. For some reason she can see invisible creature, but not her allies, so I had my thief sneak in the room, and she would see him and start buffing, so I left the room and waited for some times. Then I came back and did it again until she decided to follow me in the hallway where my party was waiting.