Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just finished the whole dungeon thing with all the yun-ti in it and and I plugged the stone cylinders into the slots and HOLY CRAP a dragon comes out of thin air. I have tried this stupid thing like ten times and I just can't figure it out to save my life. Any tips on bustin this thing would be VERY appreciated. THANKS!!!
Old 10-15-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Let me clarify: I can't figure out how to kill the dragon, so any tips on spells or weapons that do more damage I would love them.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:00 PM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

A couple suggestions:

1. Have your mage memorize a couple lower resistance spells to allow your magcial attacks a chance to affect the dragon.
2. The dragon seems to be fairly resistant to elemental damage -- magic missile was much more effective than flame arrow when I fougt it [after lower restance of course].
3. Make sure whoever is engaging the dragon in melee is protected from acid damage.
4. Keep a spellcaster far enough away from the fight to not be subject to the dragon's fear aura -- any protections against fear that you have would be useful in this fight.
5. The dragon's AC is very good -- my melee fighters had some trouble hitting him so being able to get quick damage from magic missiles and similar spells was a big help.

In case of emergency [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Memorize at least 2 Otiluke's Resilient Spheres. Once the dragon has singled out a character [for example your thief] cast the resilient sphere on the character. This should protect the character from damage and allow your other characters to beat on the dragon while he continues to attack the character in the sphere. The duration of this spell is fairly long and 2 of them should get you through the fight.

Good luck with it!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:00 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Also, scroll down the board page a bit to the topic "Killing The Guardian", which has some other tips for this fight.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 01:30 AM   #5
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Skulltrap worked for me in large numbers. But I just beat it in HoF and found the best way is to take 2-3 of your best fighter cast improved invis on them and let'em whack away with +3 weapons.